HDR-FOX T2-G or HDR-2000T/500-G

AlastairK

Hello again all, long time no speak, my TVonics has died .... sad day ........ Anyhow, every cloud has a silver lining so I'm looking at the above 2 from the managers specials at Humax Direct, am I right in thinking that the FOX has pass through so that I can watch my TV with the PVR in standby whereas with the 2000T the PVR actually has to be switched on and powered up?

Other than that I'm pretty certain that both suit my requirements but am leaning towards the FOX in any case.

Any opinions welcome, oh and I'm not especially techie so simple terms most welcome :)

Yes, the Fox does have pass through.
My experience as a tech novice is that I have had a Fox T2 for four years with no significant problems. Any such minor glitches have been sorted easily with the help of the guys in this superb forum.
No doubt some will expand on the benefits of Custom Firmware but it is not necessary for day to day use.

FoxT2 for me.

You are correct - the HDR-2000T currently has no aerial pass-through in standby, although it has been claimed there is a fix in the pipeline. Whether a fix will actually materialise is a matter of speculation.

You might also like to consider the HDR-1800T, which (IIRC) does not have this defect. Of course, for the time being, there is no possibility of custom firmware for the HDR-1800T/2000T.

For more info re HDR-1800T/2000T see the topics in the relevant forum section.

As a TVonics, HD Fox and HDR Fox owner, I highly recommend the HDR Fox.

For interests sake, what's the problem with your TVonics? PSU failed? "Stuck-in-Starting" problem?

To avoid corrupting this thread, please respond via a new thread in the Hummy Arms with your answer or post on the TVonics threads at Pulse-Eight, AVForums or DigitalSpy.

Posting in the Hummy Arms means you can receive the wide wisdom of the experts here, across the breadth of electronics.

Martin

Yey Cartman or should that be MmmMMmy MMMMmmmmmmmmmMmmmm.

Thanks Martin, just to conclude; HDRFox ordered this morning and should be with me tomorrow, so no doubt I'll be around a lot more asking this and that and checking out threads.

Thanks Black Hole,I've already had a peruse of that, amongst others, and will be referring to it regularly I expect.

Very impressed, unit arrived yesterday 1 day after ordering, easy set up, easy to use, good quality all round.

Thumbs up for Humax Direct and thumbs up for the HDR FOX-T2

Well almost 3 yrs on and, with a few intermittent glitches raising their head, I think it's time for an upgrade.

I've been relatively happy with my Fox-T2 but would like something which didn't record unwanted episodes / series on mux's such as 5USA so, suggestions welcome as what to go for.

I've been relatively happy with my Fox-T2 but would like something which didn't record unwanted episodes / series on mux's such as 5USA so, suggestions welcome as what to go for.
If that is your only criteria for a PVR then go for a Youview+. :D
If the broadcaster mucks up the repeats and classifies them as part of the same series then the youview does not record the repeats as it remembers what it has already recorded as long as you don't delete the series from the schedule. :) Once you delete the series from the schedule the new version of youiview will just record the episodes that it thought you missed.:eek:

Have you an example where additional recordings were made ? Or even better an example where the series is still being broadcast?

Whatever you do, don't bin the HDR Fox T2 before offering it to someone on here. Most of us still rate them above anything else available.

Well almost 3 yrs on and, with a few intermittent glitches raising their head, I think it's time for an upgrade.

What are the glitches? It could just be hard disk or filesystem related. Have you tried fixdisk? Re. the unwanted episodes, I've not tried it myself, but I think there is new functionality in the remote scheduling package that allows you to skip episodes in series. You could use this to unschedule any unwanted episodes before they are recorded.

Have you tried fixdisk? Re. the unwanted episodes, I've not tried it myself, but I think there is new functionality in the remote scheduling package that allows you to skip episodes in series.
This is the non-customised section...

This is the non-customised section...
Indeed, but if the options are >£100 for a new PVR or spend some time getting to grips with the custom firmware to possibly fix the problem and gain the extra functionality, the OP may want to give it a try.

Yes, I'd agree, but I think you need to prefix your suggestions with "if you install the customised firmware..." rather than just launching straight in assuming it's already there.

Back