HDR Fox T2 hdd problem

Sending "Y" returned " -/bin/sh: y: not found"
This is exactly the problem I was telling you about with Windows/DOS line ends (the CR-LF) pair. If you are using Windows Telnet type "unset crlf" before opening the connection to the Humax. If you are using PuTTY do what af123 said in post 14.

I see what's going on now and it is something that will be fixed in CFW 2.14, but for now:

Code:
humax# mkdir /var/lib/humaxtv/mod
humax# fix-disk

should get you into the right mode.

Try again!!!
mkdir command confirms path created at previous attempt.
(Think I must have saved short cut to PuTTY before changing config re CR-LF. Sorry :()
First "fix-disk" reboots HDR and panel displays countdown for maintenance. Haven't seen the countdown previously because HDR was elsewhere.
Got the next Telnet session up before the end of countdown - just.
Second "fix-disk" presumably starts doing what it's supposed to, but stops almost immediately and returns "Partition 2 - Unrecognised partition type, abhorting......"

Ok, when in maintenance mode try this:

Code:
humax# fix-disk -S

Obviously you are a BYT!

Ok, it's been churning away for quite a while, mostly fixing block and inode counts.
It's now asking "Are you having problems with a delete loop?" Am I?

I've just reconnected the HDR to the TV and it does seem to be working alright. The hard drive is now available, and a quick look at the recorded content also seems ok. Many thanks for getting me back to this state. I will have to wait until tomorrow before trying to load the FWI.

Thanks again

I've just reconnected the HDR to the TV and it does seem to be working alright. The hard drive is now available, and a quick look at the recorded content also seems ok. Many thanks for getting me back to this state. I will have to wait until tomorrow before trying to load the FWI.

Thanks again

No problem - glad it's back and working for you!

First "fix-disk" reboots HDR and panel displays countdown for maintenance. Haven't seen the countdown previously because HDR was elsewhere.
Got the next Telnet session up before the end of countdown - just.

The countdown is just showing that it is busy setting up maintenance mode, you don't have to beat the clock. Once maintenance mode is ready it will just show MAINTENANCE on the front.

I had this same problem, unable to access the HDD with a message requiring a format to enable HDD use at power on.

I had installed the CFW recently, only a couple of weeks ago. My Humax is 1.02.29 - 1TB (54% available) and just over a year old so out of warranty.

Humax has internet connection by cable LAN to router, pinged using Command Prompt - OK

Using Windows Telnet on XP I typed "unset crlf" (Black Hole - #21 refers)

Was then able to connect to Humax with Telnet using: "o 192.168.0.9" (first character is letter 'o' for open - not zero then space and IP address of Humax)

Then followed above instructions to get into MAINTENANCE mode and then used "humax# fix-disk -S"

Brilliant, all worked well after running fix-disk -S ... process took about 45 minutes and corrected several errors

HDD fully functional without any loss of data ;-)

A big THANKS to everyone who contributed to solving this problem

and just over a year old so out of warranty.

If you purchased it brand new (not a refurb ...) then it should have a 2 year warranty as standard.

You are supposed to register within 30 days of purchase but I don't think they worry about that. Could be worth doing it anyway before reporting problem to Humax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Black Hole - have upgraded CFW to 2.14

HarveyB - Humax was purchased brand new on 15 Nov 2011 but never registered. I'll check warranty period and register if 24 months. Thanks.

Humax was purchased brand new on 15 Nov 2011 but never registered. I'll check warranty period and register if 24 months. Thanks.
The following quote is taken from the HUMAX [UK] Warranty Registration page.
You automatically have a one year warranty on your New Humax product.
To upgrade to a 2 year warranty absolutely free, please register within 30 days of purchase of your new Humax product.
Warranty registration is only valid for new products and the additional warranty is not included for Refurbished, Graded, or Manager's special products.

HarveyB - Humax was purchased brand new on 15 Nov 2011 but never registered. I'll check warranty period and register if 24 months. Thanks.

Vanguard, have sent you a separate message regarding this, let me know if you don't receive it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although my Humax does NOT have a problem I tried to connect using Microsoft Telnet following the CFW update to 2.14

I no longer get the "humax#" prompt but this "Menu version 1.00" and "Enter system PIN:"

Tried putting in the Humax PW but that was not the answer. Any help would be much appreciated.

XP Pro - HDR Fox T2 1TB

My apologies ... found the solution in the (superb) WIKI ... the four zeros going in blind fooled me ... yes, I'm easily fooled.

THANKS (particularly to af123 for CFW 2.14 development)

This built-in package adds a menu to the Telnet Login screen Menu
Enter 0000 <return> for system PIN. NOTE these 5 key presses will not be displayed 'on-screen'
Menu Version 1.02
Enter System PIN :

/-----------------------\
| T E L N E T M E N U |
\-----------------------/

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax)1.02.29 / 2.14 ]

1 - Restart into maintenance Mode.
2 - Remove Web interface Password.
Stat - Show what the box is currently doing.
x - Exit and close connection.
diag - Run a diagnostic
cli - Exit to system command line (Advanced users)

Please select option :

If you have upgraded to the latest web interface version, that fixes the menu so that you can see the keypresses. The next CFW release will incorporate that too.

I do now get **** in response to the 0000 and an auto <return> after the 4th. zero from a non 'advanced' Tenet login, but if I enter tmenu from the command line, I don't get any character echo or auto <return>

Makes sense - the upgraded telnet menu is /mod/boot/2/tmenu whereas the built-in one is in /bin.

If I have Telnet set to expert mode in the Web-If >> Settings Menu and then enter tmenu from the Command line, tmenu seems to be using a lot of CPU time
tmenu.jpg

Back