HDR Fox T2 hdd problem

Having re-examined what I did, It may be that I had Telnet in Web-If >> Settings expert mode = off. Then Telnet in, get tmenu Ver 1.02 menu, then cli to get command prompt, then tmenu which would call up the 1.00 version, so maybe both tmenus were running, however I have re-tried that again Today and have not yet managed to reproduce the high CPU usage yet

No problem - glad it's back and working for you!

The countdown is just showing that it is busy setting up maintenance mode, you don't have to beat the clock. Once maintenance mode is ready it will just show MAINTENANCE on the front.

Not strictly relevant to this thread but... Having got my HDR back to fully working, and no loss of data I've checked out most of the facilities the custom firmware/web interface offers and been well impressed. However, I also tried the authentication, and my Post-it note with the details now seems to have gone awol before I could make a more permanent record!!!

Option 2 in the telnet menu "Remove web interface password" performs the same function

Have updated the WiKi. It is also possible to do that same function from the Web-If Diagnostics screen but as you won't have access to the Web-If, that probably isn't worth mentioning :)

Hi,

I just wanted to say THANKS!

After my Humax locked up, and I had to switch off at the wall. when I powered back up I got the dreaded message saying that the HDD could not be used before it was formatted. I didn't wish to lose all my recordings, so got on line and found this thread. I then managed to run telnet to get the box in maintenance mode, then run fix-disk. This took about 30 mins, but when I restarted the box in normal mode, it all worked perfectly, and I don't appear to have lost any recording. Happy days !!

Cheers

Ian

Thanks to everyone who has commented on this thread - my Humax HD started demanding a reformat today - with the contents of this thread that has been avoided :)

Managed to fix it - it was a slightly odd one - had to telnet in due to the HDD being down/ no web-if.

fix-disk fixed a dodgy sector successfully but became hung up about sd1 being an unreadable partition - with some more more digging in a related thread (I can't remember which :( ) I found a slightly more involved disk command that allowed a repair of the partition, after which fix-disk was able to proceed successfully - I'll have a look at the thread referenced by Black Hole if it happens again :)

I have access to my recordings again, so thanks everyone :)
(I'm using a 3yr-old 500GB HDR-FOX2 on the current custom firmware)

Back