HDR-Fox T2 not recognising USB device

gjf60

When I plug in a USB flash drive or a external HDD that I have used before on this T2 it does not read the drive. When I select the media button on the remote and then the blue button I get the blue USB symbol with or without a USB device plugged in. when selecting the USB blue symbol with a USB device plugged in it disappears and just shows the media info from the internal HDD.

Before I had this problem the blue USB symbol was only present when a USB device was plugged in. Its the same with the front or rear USB socket. I have the custom software. 3.03 and 1.03.12 std software I recently ran the check package programme but not sure if this happened immediately after . Any ideas ?

Is it possible that the USB drive is GPT formatted? If so, you need CFW 3.10 for that to appear automatically.

My PC is Win XP and they are not GPT formatted. The flash drive is FAT 32 and the HDD is NTFS
This morning I tried connecting the portal with the dongle plugged into the rear USB and it connected. I then tried the front USB with the same USB flash drive I tried yesterday and the Ex HDD and it read the drive. I switched back to the internal HDD and played a file and after the picture froze and rebooted a couple of times it seems OK now. Ive just upgraded to to 3.10 CF and everything seeks ok
Thanks for your help

Last edited:
This morning I tried connecting the portal with the dongle plugged into the rear USB and it connected.
You mean a WiFi dongle, thus proving the USB socket?

The HDR-FOX has a chequered history with UPDs (USB pen drives), sometimes they become unusable for no obvious reason. External HDDs can be a problem if they need more start-up power that the HDR-FOX can supply from the USB socket.

More info: Things Every... (click) section 12.

Back