HDR FOX T2 reboot cycle

Got one of these yesterday on the remote box:
07/03/2015 13:25:18 - System booted (Unknown 4)
I expect it was a crash.

Snap, I turned mine on last night. It booted up ok, waited for it to fully load so I could change the channel, but it wouldn't change, then I saw 'rebooting' on the front display channel. It was fine after than.

Funnily enough first the first time since I have had the box (tow years I guess) I had to turn it off at the back as it had locked up.....

Interestingly, mine also had a failure on 07/03/15 (at 04:40) according to WebIf.
This would have been at the end of the overnight disable_ota session.

Strange that, box hasn't done this before.

That reason code is something I read from the front panel. I have seen four a few times (including logged to RS for users there) but don't know exactly what it means yet.

As BH said, it sounds like there is a fault in the front panel board. You might be able to source a new one from Humax. If you can't get one from them, the easiest (and probably the least expensive) way is to look for a Humax YouView DTR-T1000 on eBay, for example, that is going cheap because it has the 'nearly-ready' fault (they are quite common: the fault is usually in the main board). These have the same front panel board as the HDR-FOX. There is, of course, a risk of buying one with a dud front panel board but if it is cheap enough and you can't source a brand new part elsewhere, it may be worth a punt.

I'm still on the look out for a cheap dtr-t1000. I have got an offer on one at the moment on eBay. I have been trying to buy either a HDR fox t2 or a 2000T on eBay but people keep outbidding me at the last moment.

I am beginning to think I will just but a new 2000T from a high street shop for about £190 ( $285 ) it has a 1tb hdd. I was told by someone at humax phone line customer service that it is a fox t2 just in a different shell.

Does anyone know if that is the case, would I be gaining or losing any features (I have never added custom FW to my t2 so that doesn't matter). I am hoping to win the t1000 so I can repair my T2 but it's nice to know other options.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

At best this is incompetence. At worst it's an outright lie.

So it doesn't do the same as the fox t2?

All I need it to do is view and record HD TVs channels, be able to add them to an external drive, hook into my network (wd mycloud) drive. They are the main things I need. I would like the same UI if possible? I'm guessing that they would be the same as they are both humax.

Would the 2000T do what I need?

Thanks.

'Having the same functionality as the HDR-FoxT2' seems to be stretching the truth a little. You could reasonably assume from this that it has the same functionality as the T2.

So it doesn't do the same as the fox t2?
Most of us regard the 2000T as inferior, although it is largely the lack of the customisations that make it inferior.

All I need it to do is view and record HD TVs channels, be able to add them to an external drive, hook into my network (wd mycloud) drive. They are the main things I need. I would like the same UI if possible? I'm guessing that they would be the same as they are both humax.

Would the 2000T do what I need?
If that's all you want to do, and will ever want to do, then maybe (although you might find yourself limited to StDef for some things). Why not just read through the topic I have already indicated?

Your post obviously didn't have the desired effect

I have looked through that sub for the answers I need but I only have the app on a mobile phone whilst I'm working. I do appreciate what everyone is posting on here to help me. I have subscribed to this thread now but I found it difficult to find what I needed due to a small screen and being on a mobile app.

I have found more of what I needed because of the helpful replies and I am hoping to repair my T2 because I what I have learned from said replies. I just need to grab a cheap dtr-t1000 to steal the front panel off. I am still waiting for an eBay seller to either accept or decline an offer I have placed because at the moment I can't bid or offer on any others as I don't want to get stuck with 2 of them.

Just to be clear, I have looked at all of the suggestions on here and tried all of them from formatting, covering with cloth, custom firmware and flushing and because of you guys on here we now know the problem is the front panel and I can now look at fixing, without your help then it would have been thrown out and another T2 should have been at the dump. You have convinced me to stick with the T2 and I appreciate everyone's time and suggestions and I think that this has been the most helpful community that I have joined so thank you all.

I have finally got my hands on a dtr-t1000 to replace the remote control sensor, I have taken out the front on the machine and I have it as 1 piece. Can anyone advise what out of this front piece I need to change? I have a board with a 12 wired cable on it and one with 4 wired (&1 earth I think it is, I think this smaller one is the USB port but I have not taken anything apart yet).

Thanks again for all of your help.

Ok, a further update.

I replaced the whole front assembly from the HDR T2 with the one from the DTR T1000. Although it now says YOU VIEW on the front the whole unit now works properly again. I'm not bothered about the print on the front of the device, I'm just happy I can watch and record TV again.

You guys have saved a T2 from the scrap heap so thanks all for your help.

There is a brief guide on the wiki here that describes removing the front panel board from its housing to take out the orange filter and brighten the display, just in case you decide to reinstall the original plastic panel. Glad the fix worked.

There is a brief guide on the wiki here that describes removing the front panel board from its housing to take out the orange filter and brighten the display, just in case you decide to reinstall the original plastic panel. Glad the fix worked.

I would have liked to use the original front shell but I was scared of breaking the board when I tried to take it out. I will look at the guide and change it over. I have been looking through the menu trying to find a way of dimming the display, I use my t2 in my bedroom (sky downstairs) I would like to have dimmed it more if that was possible but I can't see the option, I don't remember the t2 display being this bright. Do you know if the custom FW has this feature? Thanks for this link to the guide btw.

I would have liked to use the original front shell but I was scared of breaking the board when I tried to take it out. I will look at the guide and change it over. I have been looking through the menu trying to find a way of dimming the display, I use my t2 in my bedroom (sky downstairs) I would like to have dimmed it more if that was possible but I can't see the option, I don't remember the t2 display being this bright. Do you know if the custom FW has this feature? Thanks for this link to the guide btw.
I don't recommend removing the orange filter if it is too bright already. The display does dim over time so it is probably just that the board is newer that is making it bright. If you don't need RF passthrough, you can turn the standby clock off (Menu button>settings>system>power management>power saving in standby>on). If you have custom firmware you can install the redring package and this gives you a lot of control over the display and illuminated ring, including the brightness of each.

Back