1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDR Fox T2 remote flashing lights

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Topbloke, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Topbloke

Topbloke New Member

Hi all,
    Mr Newbie here..........
    Had my HDR T2 for about 18 months now.
    Suddenly it's proving difficult to operate with the remote and I notice that quite often the function buttons (PVR- TV- DVD-AUDIO) light up in sequence when I push other butons.

Anyone know what's up?

2. Brian

Brian Administrator Staff Member

Check out THIS THREAD.

It would seem to indicate that your remote control needs new batteries.:)

3. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Iv'e been wondering why I was the only one to see this, Ah well maybe is wasn't a waste of time putting on the WiKi HERE

4. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

I changed by first set of batteries about a month ago (after nearly 2 years ownership) - except I also swapped remotes with my HD at one point (to escape the on-screen icons).

5. antipodean

antipodean Member

You were lucky - I had to change the batteries that came with mine after about 3 months. Mind you they were not alkalines that came with it, but they got replaced with alkalines. Been going strong ever since, except for some dicky buttons that need the top rocking to make them make contact and operate.

6. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

That was luxury! I had a lemon with a carbon rod and a bit of zinc stuck in it. And I had to lick it clean or my dad would thrash me to sleep with his belt.

7. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to clean the contacts on your Remote, Details HERE

8. antipodean

antipodean Member

Yeah, that's what I was figuring needs to be done, thanks for the link.