HDR-FOX T2 Reset on startup?

phd

Hi,
This morning, I switch on my Humax box, from standby, and it looks to have been system reset, going through the first time power on tuning, a language setting, region settings etc, and it reset things in preferences to default. I'm not sure why it did this, any ideas?
Does the HDR-Fox T2 motherboard have a CMOS battery backup, that may have died? I have had this a few times on my computer, and just replaced the battery, so wondered if this might be the cause?
Any help or advice greatly appreciated....

Last edited:
I'm not sure why it did this, any ideas?
It's known to happen from time to time. There is a hypothesis that it is triggered when inconsistencies in the database are detected, as a means to rebuild the database.

You might want to read this: Restoring User Settings after Restore Factory Defaults

Does the HDR-Fox T2 motherboard have a CMOS battery backup, that may have died?
No. And before you ask, neither is there on the front panel assembly (where the wake-up timer lives). The HDR-FOX is entirely reliant on having mains power at all times in order to maintain time keeping, and if you were to cut power while it is in standby, you would notice that restoring power has it reboot and then return to standby so it can acquire the current time from broadcast data.

Settings etc are stored in a database in non-volatile memory (Flash - which wasn't a "thing" in the early years of PC development), so they are not lost without power.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I've had this Humax box, going on 10 year (maybe more!), and this is the first time (at least that I can remember) that this has happened!

Back