HDR-FOX T2 shuts off for no reason

Do you have Twonky running on your NAS?

If you are talking to me I don't think I do, I already have a T2 on the network and I have had no issues. I got a 2nd T2 due to moving to new house and not having sky tv and wanting to access media via the mycloud device.

Since my last post I have installed custom FW to the T2 and its stopped the boot loop although I literally have not changed any settings other than the content share to ON and I could only do that because it stopped looping on boot.

Changing content share to OFF would normally stop the problems, not the other way around.

I post the following link in every topic reporting reboot problems, and yet people still ignore it. Work through the advice, and report what worked or didn't work with as much detail as possible. Only that way can we help further and/or extend the pool of knowledge.

Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click)

Note that installing CF will not have affected any reboot issues in itself, unless the firmware needed refreshing - in which case installing the standard firmware would have done the same.

Last edited:
Hello BlackHole, I will try your link tonight but here is an update of what I found last night.
With the hard drive removed Humax still shuts down.
Playing from the Hard drive recorded programs no problem
Watching live TV it shuts down. TV freezes after about 2 min then Humax reboots
Found by removing the aerial the box stays on all ok.
If I put a mack shift aerial in the back ( piece of cable) the box soes not shu

Sorry previous post uploaded before finishing.

My box is not connected to the network when this happens. Later I will try it on a different channel to see if this is the problem. I have a new Humax box on the house aerial that does not cause any problems.
Should I update the firmware and if so how do I do this.

This does not sound good.

With the hard drive removed Humax still shuts down.
I take it you mean the internal hard drive? This does not sound good.

Should I update the firmware and if so how do I do this.
You have nothing to lose. The relevant supporting information will be found through the crash/reboot guide referenced previously, but basically you download a zip containing a .hdf file and unpack it to a UPD, then reboot the Humax with the UPD in one of its USB sockets.

I can't say for sure, but this feels like a duff front panel module.

I have had another go today. In reply it was the internal hard drive I unplugged.

I have not updated the firmware yet. But have tested other channels

I have found when on More Four channel the Humax shuts down every 2 min with an initial freeze of the signal.

Just been playing BBC 1 ITV and BBC news channel and all seems ok. So this may be a signal problem from some channels.

I will update the Firmware but first I will try a retune of the Channels to see if this resolves the problem

Thanks Black hole for the reply. If all fails I will loot at a second hand front panel

I have had another go today. In reply it was the internal hard drive I unplugged.

I have not updated the firmware yet. But have tested other channels

I have found when on More Four channel the Humax shuts down every 2 min with an initial freeze of the signal.

Just been playing BBC 1 ITV and BBC news channel and all seems ok. So this may be a signal problem from some channels.

I will update the Firmware but first I will try a retune of the Channels to see if this resolves the problem

Thanks Black hole for the reply. If all fails I will loot at a second hand front panel

You can use the front panel from a youview box too, I'm not 100% sure of the model but I think it's the you view humax t1000 but I would see if someone on here can confirm its this model before you buy one. Apparently this you view box is prone to problems (hard drive I think) so you can usually get a cheap one on ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a known problem that if you run a server with twonky version 7 on the same network as the hummy, the latter will keep rebooting. Search this forum for twonky.
There is a work around in the custom firmware (DLNA-filter package).
The other solution, if you don't run CF is to turn of sharing on the hummy (but of course then you can't share the hummy recordings.
Of course you could turn of the WD server or downgrade its twonky to version 6.
The choice is yours.
EDIT: sorry I didn't notice there was a page 2 in the topic before replying.

It is a known problem that if you run a server with twonky version 7 on the same network as the hummy, the latter will keep rebooting. Search this forum for twonky.
There is a work around in the custom firmware (DLNA-filter package). .

I have tried searching for the work around instructions but have had no luck, I have installed CW on the t2 but I can't find any further.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Sorry ezra, I didn't know that included the info needed to add this dnld filter via usb stick. I did try to search for the info needed before asking. The problem I have is that I'm using a mobile phone and navigation is hard and its easy to miss things, I do however appriciate all the help people are giving and I will pass on anything I learn to others on this forum where I can.

Sorry ezra, I didn't know that included the info needed to add this dnld filter via usb stick.
You could install every bit of the Custom Firmware and all it's add-on packages without ever connecting the HDR-Fox T2 to the internet, although I guess few users have done it that way as you obviously lose some features of the PVR by not having access to the web

You could install every bit of the Custom Firmware and all it's add-on packages without ever connecting the HDR-Fox T2 to the internet, although I guess few users have done it that way as you obviously lose some features of the PVR by not having access to the web

When I get home from work I will look at what's available and tether my laptop to my phones internet and download some stuff and then usb it to the t2. I don't have internet at home at the minute because in in the process of moving house but that should be sorted in a few weeks.

Back