HDR-FOX T2 to HDHomeRun, my journey

Anyone else upgrading a win 10 pc to 11 while running DvrOnTime?

Be really useful to hear any comments, good or bad. Or is anyone just going to leave win 10 running?

Thank you
If you do go for it my recommendation in the light of my experiences would be to setup a load of recordings in the first few days to test the hell out it. If you have issues like me then you can rollback to Windows 10 fairly easily in the 1st 10 days, and I believe potentially even beyond that timeframe still, with some additional steps required.
 
If you do go for it my recommendation in the light of my experiences would be to setup a load of recordings in the first few days to test the hell out it. If you have issues like me then you can rollback to Windows 10 fairly easily in the 1st 10 days, and I believe potentially even beyond that timeframe still, with some additional steps required.
Thanks for that, really useful and I didn't know about the rollback option. As you can probably tell, I'm not a big Windows user.

I'll have a think about it and report back here either way.

Thanks again
 
I have DvrOnTime running on windows 11 without problems.

About the the only change i made (as far as my aged memory goes) was to change the windows service setting to always restart following a failure
The other hassle is finding and disabling all the sleep options in Windows to keep it awake - it would be nice if DvrOnTime could implement wake on timer, but now I have installed other apps that also work best 24x7 - NordVPN to allow remote access to home network and PRTG to monitor network.

The HDR/T2 is still my primary recording and viweing interface because the TV UI is easier to use than accessing recordings on a network device.
 
Brilliant thank you MymsMan. Was your win 11 an upgrade from win 10?
I cant remember if PC was was sold as Win 11 installed, or Win 11 ready and upgraded shortly afterwards
In any event PC was bought in 2023 and only installed DvrOnTime on it earlier this year when previous win 10 computer finally gave up.
 
Upgraded Win 10 to Win 11 this morning. took about half an hour.

Hate the interface, right mouse click wouldn't work (had to uninstall Clover a tabbed file manager), but DvrOnTime is running and has just recorded two programmes without incident. Adbreaker is working as well.

So fingers crossed, all is well so far.

Thanks for everyone's help
 
Last edited:
I'm setting up a Windows 11 PC to run DVROnTime to replace the Windows 10 one that has started restarting itself at random times (the Windows event log says kernel power failure).
I have a new (well secondhand PC running Windows 11) PC that I am setting up to run my 24/7 Home Theatre stuff (plex, get_iplayer etc.) and want to move DVROnTime to that but I'm not sure of what I need to do.
I have downloads of DVROnTime 1.0.5, 1.0.6 and 1.0.7.
I've looked at all of the instructions I have to install the various versions and patches.
What I intend to do on the new PC is :
Install 1.0.6. from scratch from the 1.0.6 download (SQLLocalDB.msi, reboot PC then DVRONTimeSetup.msi) not sure if I need to install .NET 4.8 and .NET Core 3.1. first.
Restart the service on new PC and run the channel tuning.
Stop the service on the old and new PCs.
Copy the DvrOnTime.mdf and DvrOnTime_log.ldf file from the old PC to the new, overwriting the current versions on the new PC.
Start/Stop the service on new PC and run DvrOnTime.exe from the 1.0.7 download to install the 1.0.7 updates.
Edit: After further investigation, I think the 1.0.7. modules just replace those in the C:\Program Files\DvrOnTime installation directory.
Not sure if I will need to reboot the Windows 11 PC between steps (apart from after the SQL install) and run Windows Update to pick up updates triggered by the install of DVROnTime/.NET stuff on the new PC.

Anyone out there who has migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on different PCs that can verify this is correct?
 
Last edited:
Thanks Dearleuk.

I have completed the transfer from a Win 10 PC to a new Win 11 PC without too many problems (all of my own making!).

I copied the DvrOnTime.mdf and DvrOnTime_log.ldf files to the new PC and briefly tested before doing the final update to 1.0.7. I forgot to change the destination directory on the new PC as the old PC was using a different drive letter so nothing was being written, a quick change to the settings fixed that. I also encountered corrupted packet problems and these went away after the update to 1.0.7 (just a copy of the 3 files to overwrite the 1.0.6 versions in the C:\Program Files\DvrOnTime installation directory).
There was no need to manually install any .NET stuff on the new PC.
All seems to be working OK now.
 
I'm having a lot of problems with my recordings, only started happening in the last week or so. There was a firmware update for the HDHomeRun which may be the cause. I'm getting a lot of errors with Adbreaker

Split Recording detected, DvrOnTime type 1

But the recordings are not split, the latest on was Wilderness with Simon Reeve on BBC.

I've attached the log file, but I have no idea what the problem might be. Is anyone else having problems? Anyone got any idea how the problem can be resolved?
 

Attachments

I'm having a lot of problems with my recordings, only started happening in the last week or so. There was a firmware update for the HDHomeRun which may be the cause. I'm getting a lot of errors with Adbreaker

Split Recording detected, DvrOnTime type 1

But the recordings are not split, the latest on was Wilderness with Simon Reeve on BBC.

I've attached the log file, but I have no idea what the problem might be. Is anyone else having problems? Anyone got any idea how the problem can be resolved?
I'm on firmware version 20260326 and haven't seen any issues and recorded Wilderness all okay. However series linking is becoming more and more broken, with several occasions recently where the series code has changed midway through a series, which of course it should not change, so episodes suddenly stop recording and it needs to be reset to pick up the new ID, not the case here, but just mentioning it.

Looking at your log files the tuner has randomly stopped streaming packets then disappeared from the network on at least one occasion. If you have the tuner connected via a managed or partly managed switch, you may be able to log into the switch and see if any errors are happening on that port, it could be faulty cable or a bad plug/socket. I've had issues with corroded and dirty Ethernet plugs causing all sorts of random issues. Often intermittent errors go un-noticed as higher up the stack bad data gets re-requested and errors get corrected, of course you can't do that with a real-time stream and so it just stops. So I would check your connections, and just remaking them might help. The other issue could be the tuner is crashing and rebooting, and it may have more information within its own log at http://192.168.0.176/log.html

Hope that helps.
03/10/2026 19:17:27 Warning ScheduledEventProgramId 14381: Watchdog timer indicates no packets being received, will try to restart the tuner for Wilderness with Simon Reeve on service 17472
03/10/2026 19:17:27 Information Tuner 0: Stop streaming request received
03/10/2026 19:17:27 Information Streaming stopped on device 12521C7B tuner 0
03/10/2026 19:17:31 Information ScheduledEventProgramId 14381: Previous recording on this channel now completed and tuner freed, now attempting to start following recording for Wilderness with Simon Reeve
03/10/2026 19:17:31 Information ScheduledEventProgramId 14381: Preparing to start EIT recording with program CRID /m/1NGE0, scheduled start time is 03/10/2026 18:30
03/10/2026 19:17:31 Error No tuner was found on the network
03/10/2026 19:17:31 Information No device was found or no tuners available
 
Here's what my logger says:
Code:
Schedule:
09/26 00:00:47 Event 17472:05020 51:01 added   2026/10/03 17:30:00 01:00:00 "Wilderness with Simon Reeve" "/m/1NGE0" "/m/1NGDX/1"
09/26 00:00:47 Event 17472:05020 51:01 descrip "2/4. Simon Reeve voyages across Mexico's beautiful and remote Sea of Cortez, known as the 'aquarium of the world', to dive with rare and dangerous sharks. [S,AD] [HD]"
10/04 00:00:37 Event 17472:05020 50:30 removed 2026/10/03 17:30:00 01:00:00 "Wilderness with Simon Reeve" "/m/1NGE0" "/m/1NGDX/1"

Now and next:
10/03 15:35:31 Event 17472:04986 4E:17 started 15:35:00 01:55:00 "The Bridge at Remagen" "/4m/1AJ0N" ""
10/03 17:28:56 Event 17472:05020 4E:18 started 17:30:00 01:00:00 "Wilderness with Simon Reeve" "/m/1NGE0" "/m/1NGDX/1"
10/03 18:29:47 Event 17472:05022 4E:19 started 18:30:00 02:30:00 "International Football: North..." "/m/1P1HW" "/m/1P0GO/02"
There is nothing odd about this programme at all. Everything proceeds as expected.
Here's an extract of your log:
Code:
03/10/2026 18:15:03 Information  ScheduledEventProgramId 14381: On BBC TWO HD current EIT CRID being broadcast is: /4m/1AJ0N
03/10/2026 18:28:56 Information  ScheduledEventProgramId 14381: On BBC TWO HD current EIT CRID being broadcast is: /m/1NGE0
03/10/2026 18:28:56 Information  ScheduledEventProgramId 14381: Program Wilderness with Simon Reeve /m/1NGE0 on BBC TWO HD has started recording
03/10/2026 18:28:57 Information  Found the PAT, transport stream ID 34297 and PMT PID 100
03/10/2026 18:28:57 Information  Found the PMT for the program, setting tuner to filter on PIDs 0x00 0x65 0x66 0x6A 0x69 0x1C86 0x1C97 0x1BC4 0x1BC6 0x12
03/10/2026 18:28:57 Information  Now set single stream PAT and PMT packet to the recorder for program
03/10/2026 18:59:02 Warning      ScheduledEventProgramId 14381: Watchdog timer indicates no packets being received, will try to restart the tuner for Wilderness with Simon Reeve on service 17472
There are two weird things from your device:
  • The EventID for this programme was 5020 not 14381
  • The transport stream ID 34297 is not valid for PSB3
I'm not surprised it doesn't record anything given what it appears to be looking for. All the other numbers look OK.
There is nothing within the last 2 weeks of broadcasts which has event ID 14381.
I have no idea what the actual problem is. I presume you have tried the obvious stuff of power cycling the device?
 
Possibly unconnected but I had recording errors when I moved house and had the HDHomerun and DVRontime PC connected via a Powerline link, worked a lot better when I moved the PC onto the same switch as the tuner.
 
Back
Top