HDR FoxT2 DEAD

What's the point of encrypting the files?? Are you saying the encryption is specific to my motherboard and even plugging this HDD into another HDR-Fox T2 would not allow access to the files??
The broadcasters require high definition recordings to be encrypted, but not standard definition. The HDR-FOX encrypts both, but decrypts standard definition content when copied to an external drive. The programmes won't play without decryption, even on another HDR-FOX :(

What's the point of encrypting the files??
Stupid, ain't it? But that's why sensible people install the CF and decrypt everything as standard procedure.
Are you saying the encryption is specific to my motherboard and even plugging this HDD into another HDR-Fox T2 would not allow access to the files??
That's exactly what he did say!
If the old HDD is not readable by another Fox T2, I may as well get the latest PVR, I recon.
Techincally, the disk is readable and so are the files. It's the contents of the files that are encrypted.

Encryption is freeview/freesat 'rules' for HD content. Humax seem to have chosen to encrypt all recordings on the T2. They only encrypt HD on the Foxsat

Edit: Too damn late as usual.

It's only telly.

If it were me I would be taking the refurb HDR-FOX route to replacement - better the devil we know than the devil we don't (and we do know it very, very well).

Back