HDR half-awake

rg001c7345

Hi guys,

This morning at about 06:45 I noticed that my HDR was half-awake. There's nothing due to record until this evening though. I've powered off/on and then attempted to put back into stand-by but it's staying half-awake (ie I don't hear the click).

What would be the reason for this do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Rg.

Are you running redring?

Do you have a power on time set without a power off time (or vice versa)?

I did wonder if it was trying to download an OTA, but there is none scheduled for today. Can't think of anything else.

Are you running redring?

Do you have a power on time set without a power off time (or vice versa)?

I did wonder if it was trying to download an OTA, but there is none scheduled for today. Can't think of anything else.

Hi, yes I've been using redring for a few weeks now. Don't think I've got a power on timer without a power off etc.

The only recent change I've made (and I did this yesterday) was to add the Undelete Package.

I'll check again tonight to see what the status is and report back.

Thanks for now,

Rg.

Hi, yes I've been using redring for a few weeks now. Don't think I've got a power on timer without a power off etc.

The only recent change I've made (and I did this yesterday) was to add the Undelete Package.

I'll check again tonight to see what the status is and report back.

Thanks for now,

Rg.

I think I've worked it out!

When looking at the RS I can see my usual Awake and Sleep events (3:00-3:15) & (4:00-4:15) but in addition it's now showing extra sleep events and also an "Auto Update" event.

Not sure where they've appeared from?

Rg.

Attachments

• RS.GIF
    RS.GIF
    29.7 KB · Views: 9
Similar experience here. I usually have a single pair of wake & sleep commands scheduled. Over the last few months, on about 4-5 occasions I've found the HDR in the half awake state. When I've checked on RS, every time the wake/sleep commands are different to what I originally programmed, resulting in unmatched pairs and causing the half-awake state.

Of course, it's easily fixed on the RS portal by deleting the erroneous scheduled commands and setting up a new pair, but in my view it's happened too many times to be a coincidence (or even due to my incompetence!). I have disable-ota, redring and undelete installed, and have been running 1.02.20 with CF 2.00 for the past several months.

The OTA event can only be deleted from the schedule (by disable-ota) at boot time; the Humax will add it in occasionally so you will still be able to see it there from time to time.

If you do not power down between the event being added and it being actioned, it will still happen which is why I advise also having a reminder event set for 0420-0440 daily (so the Humax is busy when the OTA time comes around).

Back