HDR not always powering on from standby

• Thread starter Deleted member 473
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 473

My HDR often refuses to start at the first press of the power toggle. Usually the second press works. Any ideas? It's complicated by the fact that I use a universal remote to power everything on, and nobody else in the house knows what to do if the box stays off.

Selecting the HDR on the remote and sending a "power toggle" command always works, so I know there is the correct signal programmed in there. It just seems hit and miss at startup. I know signals to various devices are all sent to all devices, and have taken account of that with a large gap between signals, which should have cured the problem.

Does it also do this with the original remote? Could be the universal remote is still processing all the key presses in the start up sequence or the HDR is momentarily locked out by the universal remote signals intended for other devices and is not ready for the HDR ON key press?

Mine does it with the original control too occasionally. My mates also does it.

Are you sure the original remote always fires and the PVR light on the remote comes on? Mine is very hit and miss.

Are you sure the original remote always fires and the PVR light on the remote comes on?
No, but it always fires up on the second press when it has missed on the first press and that is without pressing any other buttons. Sometimes when I press TV, swap the TV input to my Hummy then swap to PVR, then press Schedule, that bit works but then when I press Red, it doesn't do it and none of the selection buttons light and I have to press PVR again to get the Hummy to respond to the Red button. But that's a different issue.

Are you sure the original remote always fires and the PVR light on the remote comes on? Mine is very hit and miss.

As this also happens with a URC, that is not the issue. I am thinking of sending 3 "Power Toggle" commands at startup. I will experiment, as it must work when recording, too.

Does anyone know whether any other commands will wake it from its slumber? If only it had separate "On" and "Off" commands, like all well-designed components!

Edit: The numerical keys wake it up. I may just send a "101" command to it after the URC has sent its obligatory Power Toggle command.

I use a long press zero for wake up (programmed into my universal remote) and I know others use 000. The beauty of that is that they do nothing if the Humax is already on, apart from print zeros at the top right of the screen for a short while.

I use a long press zero for wake up (programmed into my universal remote) and I know others use 000. The beauty of that is that they do nothing if the Humax is already on, apart from print zeros at the top right of the screen for a short while.

That sounds even better, and will not change the turn-on channel either. I may change to that. Thanks!

Back