hello everyone i am new here i joined because of a friend

And that friend is Me ! ....
...welcome Max ...I hope you will like it here ...this place has a great bunch of helpful friendly forum members ....

But turn the capital letters off ....Please...!

And turn off the auto repeat on your full stop key please:roflmao:. Strange how it auto-repeats exactly four times though;)

thanks for the welcome my friemd i am looking forvard t chat with you and others sorry foe capital letters it was dark in here

Hi "Trev" sorry my fullstops upset you so much? just a bad habit I'm afraid. :-( but will try my best to put a stop the fullstops LOL .

A series of dots (not literally full stops, but using the same symbol) is called an ellipsis (which is usually three dots) and signifies an uncompleted sentence (particularly when reporting speech verbatim). When communicating by written text, it's best to simply complete the sentence rather than make people guess what it might say!

If you've read my Newbies' Guide, and sampled a number of posts on this forum, you'll know we use a formal literary style rather than trying to transcribe spoken word. Compare the few posts where the latter is attempted, and you'll soon see which is more readable and understandable.

I suspect there is a major generation gap here!

A series of dots (not literally full stops, but using the same symbol) is called an ellipsis (which is usually three dots) and signifies an uncompleted sentence (particularly when reporting speech verbatim). When communicating by written text, it's best to simply complete the sentence rather than make people guess what it might say!

If you've read my Newbies' Guide, and sampled a number of posts on this forum, you'll know we use a formal literary style rather than trying to transcribe spoken word. Compare the few posts where the latter is attempted, and you'll soon see which is more readable and understandable.

I suspect there is a major generation gap here!
i am deeply sorry sir i will try to corect my typing mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max , I think "Black Hole " and "Trev" were referring to My posts and errors ! . not yours !

And everybody ,don't forget ,that English is NOT Max's first Language ! .....I also struggle with English ..and i was born in North London LOL :)

Max , I think "Black Hole " and "Trev" were referring to My posts and errors ! . not yours !

And everybody ,don't forget ,that English is NOT Max's first Language ! .....I also struggle with English ..and i was born in North London LOL :)
thanks a lot my friend apolgies to others

ps i ialked to del this afternoon he is having some guests otherwise ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ellipsis is … and a series of 3 dots is ... and there is a difference. The former is a single character, but the latter is three characters, as you will see if you try to move a cursor through them.

In a well designed font, they should look different, too.

Back