Help! Can't access share, ftp, or web backend!

BenB

I'm having a bit of a nightmare! I have a harddrive plugged into my Humax HDR-FoxT2, with TV series, movies etc, and several Raspberry Pi's around the house, all accessing the media, and the hummy recordings, as well as XBMC on a PC. Usually all TVs and my PC access the media OK.

We were using it yesterday OK for playing a TV recording in another room, and later a film, and I accessed the Web-If to set a decrypt on a folder I wanted to decrypt so it would share OK. So yesterday all OK. This morning I tried on one of the Pis to play a movie and it said connection refused, so I tried to access Web-If from a browser, no luck.
In case it was a problem with any of the powerline adapter I use, I tried the Pi right next to the Humax, so in and out of a network switch with no obstructions. It still won't share. i plugged a laptop into the same network switch, with no wifi, just hardwired to the same switch, and I still can't access it.

Any ideas what I can try? When my 2 year old realises he can't watch the film he was watching yesterday there'll be trouble!! (He really doesn't know how good he's got it, but that's for another time!!)

I think you will find your box updated to 1.03.12 so you lost your custom software, you can downgrade to CF 1.03.11 ahead of CF 1.03.12 becoming available. See the box thread rather than the custom thread for discussion although I'd expect update being posted on the custom thread.

You can start reading from about here:

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/new-firmware-version-1-03-12-for-hdr-fox-t2.4675/page-5

You can time line af123 downloading the software to start work as well :).

Thanks Tell! That's a releif then!! Do I need to downgrade to any particular version, or just grab the custom firmware right away and go reinstall it now?

Well 1.03.11 of the CF works fine for me. If you haven't been on 1.03.xx yet then you will notice there is a new iPlayer and if you installed the custom elements of the 1.02.xx custom portal you need to remove them for the new portal to work. It is is signed posted. You will know if you have a problem since the portal won't work and the button don't look right. That is a waiting trap when you migrate for 1.02.xx to 1.03.xx CF if you had previously installed the custom portals.

I'm sure that Black Hole will appear with links to the must read on this... I'm off to the tip.

Thanks Tell, Where do I get the 1.03.11 from ?
I've just tried installing 10.03.11_mod_2.22 but it doesn't seem to have come back to life yet, I guess I need to downgrade first??

There is no non-customised version of 1.03.11 available. You should be able to go directly from 1.03.12 to 1.03.11/ CFW 2.22: I've done it myself. The installation instructions are here.

Thanks Monty, I did install the custom 1.03.11_mod_2.22 but still can't access WebIf, or any of the recordings via XMBC for some reason. Not sure what I've done! Perhaps all my attempts to reconnect it this morning (before I realised the firmware had updated and that's what had killed it) have actually undone something

same boat here - should disabled ota, but forgot! Anyway, i'm in two minds whether to downgrade to .11 and reinstall the CFW, or just wait it out for a bit! So, and in no way wishing to pester, I just wondered what the likely timescale might be for a new version of the CFW! if its up to a week, I'll probably wait - if its a couple of weeks, I'll downgrade!

Cheers

Dave

BenB said:
Thanks Monty, I did install the custom 1.03.11_mod_2.22 but still can't access WebIf
Did the install go OK: did you get 'end' on the front panel on completion, and now when you boot do you get the custom firmware banner? Have you checked your network settings to make sure the Humax is connected to the network and that the IP address has not changed?

same boat here - should disabled ota, but forgot! Anyway, i'm in two minds whether to downgrade to .11 and reinstall the CFW, or just wait it out for a bit! So, and in no way wishing to pester, I just wondered what the likely timescale might be for a new version of the CFW! if its up to a week, I'll probably wait - if its a couple of weeks, I'll downgrade!

Cheers

Dave

Well I've had a lecture about that today, but you know what men are like... ta.

Basically past experience suggests that af123 can turn it around in a day, but what he did with 1.03.11 was to post it up for people to test out before placing it on the link. There might be an invited inner circle doing this at the minute, but I suspect it's too early for that. Happy to test it out on BootHDR if that doesn't appear to be pestering :).

Are well mine were on 1.02.32 and only one updated to 1.03.12 - that is now successfully installed with 1.03.11-cf2.22, seems fine so far.
The other is unchanged as yet.

For anyone having trouble getting 1.03.11+2.22 to work when loaded over the OTA 1.03.12, try installing vanilla 1.02.32 first.

Back