• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Help needed

I have had web interface and customised firmware installed for couple of months and cut/paste options on PC did not seems to work at all. Silly sod, I started to dig into the setting in the hope I may cure it somehow. When I saw mongoose giving error code on start up (I presume) I clicked it off in settings. Now I cannot get webif to work. I have re-installed FW on Humax, checked IP address settings - all is fine but still the webif is unaccesible. I do not know how to switch it on back again. Can anyone help?

OP
OP
Peter Knichal
Wow. Black hole! How easy it can be... I spend so much time going through most of the telnet commands and I did not find it. Today I was prepared to re-install standard firmware and re-instate custom again. Thank you very much.

Wow. Black hole! How easy it can be... I spend so much time going through most of the telnet commands and I did not find it. Today I was prepared to re-install standard firmware and re-instate custom again. Thank you very much.
There are a few useful commands like this. Resetting a forgotten webif password is one.

We could do with a What If section in the WiKi with info like this in it. I had a quick look couldn't see an equivalent already there. If there is it needs to be linked in the main start page.

OP
OP
Peter Knichal
I have another question posibly something to do with telnet. If I wanted to open HDR Fox T2 web interface, the unit has to be on - I need to go and physically switch it on. If I wanted to record/play/change something when abroad, is there a procedure to bring the box online from the sleep?

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
The protocol is to ensure the unit comes on line occasionally.

The main desire for access while "out" is to set up a recording (not sure why you might want to play something while not there!), and this is handled by the Remote Scheduling service (see http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Scheduling).

The Humax needs to come on to sync with the RS, and reboot again to make any schedule changes effective. You need a periodic wake-up anyway, to keep the EPG refreshed (see Things Every... section 4), so as long as you set things up on the RS site a couple of days in advance the regular on-off cycles will keep things turning over adequately.

OP
OP
Peter Knichal
Well, I did not want something to play while I am not there but watch it elsewhere. I can work on the files or watch the movies when I am away by connecting to the server and I thought it would be the same thing. Unnecessary really and I just checked about remote scheduling which makes sense.

Ezra Pound

There are a few useful commands like this. Resetting a forgotten webif password is one.

We could do with a What If section in the WiKi with info like this in it. I had a quick look couldn't see an equivalent already there.
There is a Wiki entry (Under FAQ) for Web-If Password Reset HERE, the Web-If restart was not in the WiKi FAQ's, but it is now HERE

There is a Wiki entry (Under FAQ) for Web-If Password Reset HERE, the Web-If restart was not in the WiKi FAQ's, but it is now HERE
Ezra's on the ball as usual. I did a search for ' How to restart mongoose' which didn't show anything useful.
Just seen the bit about all the Remote control LEDs flashing in sequence meaning the batteries are low. I didn't know that.