hmt utility add filename to parseable data

aks100

I am using the hmt (wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#HMT - I can't post a full link to the wiki) utility within the custom firmware via a telnet session. It's very useful!

This utility correctly processes '*' (all files), however the output is hard to associate to a given file as the it does not include the filename. For a long series list, the inclusion of the filename in the parseable data would be a great benefit.

Not sure if this enhancement could be considered :)! Alternatively, or as well as, is the source code for this utility available?

I am using the hmt (wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#HMT - I can't post a full link to the wiki) utility within the custom firmware via a telnet session. It's very useful!

This utility correctly processes '*' (all files), however the output is hard to associate to a given file as the it does not include the filename. For a long series list, the inclusion of the filename in the parseable data would be a great benefit.

Not sure if this enhancement could be considered :)! Alternatively, or as well as, is the source code for this utility available?
Never realized there was a * option before, but it also tries to process directories which is a bit silly

Source is available https://git.hpkg.tv/hummypkg/hmt if you do make changes you can submit a Pull request
See https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Maintain_packages_with_Git if you are not familiar with using git

I see no harm in sending the input filename to the hmt output as the first line, maybe as an optional command switch to avoid disrupting existing uses.

Never realized there was a * option before, but it also tries to process directories which is a bit silly

Source is available git.hpkg.tv/hummypkg/hmt if you do make changes you can submit a Pull request
See wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Maintain_packages_with_Git if you are not familiar with using git
Thanks. I noticed there are fixes for Windows in git - is there a windows build available?

I've seen the 'updates' to enable build on windows platforms, I was wondering whether the was a windows build ("hmt.exe") already built - but I could not find one. I could certainly go build it of course, but haven't rolled up my sleeves for a good few years 🤣.

and
Presumably * is just the shell wildcard. So just don't let it know about directories: use *.ts or *.hmt.

To include the name passed to hmt as the first item in the parseable output, stripped of its suffix, use a function like this:
Code:
aks_hmt_p() { # filename...
    for ff; do
        case $ff in
        *.ts|*.hmt)   ff=${ff%.*} ;;
        esac

printf "%s\t%s\n" "$ff" "$(hmt -p "$ff")"
    done
}
Now that the only supported Windows version has its Subsystem for Linux, you should be able to do that in a POSIX shell in a Linux under WSL as well as at the HD/R shell prompt.

Wrong, nowadays at least. Either suffix or none is accepted.

This might lead to a problem with the eagerly awaited programme "How to extract parseable data from the HMT file corresponding to a file named recording.ts" but I haven't checked the code.

I was wondering whether the was a windows build ("hmt.exe") already built - but I could not find one.
I did one. It's just my own personal build, rather than anything 'official', but I believe it works just like the one on the Humax.

Attachments

• hmt-win32.zip
    64.5 KB · Views: 10
To include the name passed to hmt as the first item in the parseable output, stripped of its suffix, use a function like this:
Code:
aks_hmt_p() { # filename...
    for ff; do
        case $ff in
        *.ts|*.hmt)   ff=${ff%.*} ;;
        esac

printf "%s\t%s\n" "$ff" "$(hmt -p "$ff")"
    done
}
Now that the only supported Windows version has its Subsystem for Linux, you should be able to do that in a POSIX shell in a Linux under WSL as well as at the HD/R shell prompt.

Thanks a lot!

Back