How bad is the BBC3/4 recording problem?

Seems like this is the obvious fix then:
Diff:
humax ~ # diff -u /mod/webif/html/diag/mux.jim~ /mod/webif/html/diag/mux.jim
--- /mod/webif/html/diag/mux.jim~
+++ /mod/webif/html/diag/mux.jim
@@ -82,10 +82,10 @@
                }
        }
        puts "<td>$mux</td>"
-       if {$eTransMode == 2} {
-               puts "<td>DVB-T (SD)</td>"
-       } else {
+       if {$eTransMode == 6} {
                puts "<td class=blood>DVB-T2 (HD)</td>"
+       } else {
+               puts "<td>DVB-T (SD)</td>"
        }

puts "<td>[llength $channels]

I wonder whether checking eSystem rather than eTransMode would be a better idea. This is the trouble when you don't know exactly what the database fields contain, them having been reverse engineered...
Diff:
humax ~ # diff -u /mod/webif/html/diag/mux.jim~ /mod/webif/html/diag/mux.jim
--- /mod/webif/html/diag/mux.jim~
+++ /mod/webif/html/diag/mux.jim
@@ -43,13 +43,13 @@
"
foreach tw [$db query {
                select tsIdx, szNetName, usTsID, ulFrequency, ucLevel,
-               ucQuality, eTransMode, eConstellation
+               ucQuality, eSystem, eConstellation
                from TBL_TS join TBL_NET using (netIdx)
                order by ulFrequency
        }] {
        lassign $tw \
            x tsIdx x netName x usTsID x ulFrequency x ucLevel x ucQuality \
-           x eTransMode x eConstellation
+           x eSystem x eConstellation

puts "
                <tr class=odd>
@@ -82,7 +82,7 @@
                }
        }
        puts "<td>$mux</td>"
-       if {$eTransMode == 2} {
+       if {$eSystem == 0} {
                puts "<td>DVB-T (SD)</td>"
        } else {
                puts "<td class=blood>DVB-T2 (HD)</td>"

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder whether checking eSystem rather than eTransMode would be a better idea. This is the trouble when you don't know exactly what the database fields contain, them having been reverse engineered.
Looks like it from the databases I'm looking at.
Having saved the database from the menu on a Humax and passed the resulting file to an SQLite browser - I wouldn't call that reverse engineered. Just damned difficult (for me) to make sense of!

trick play
I hate that phrase. I would use "full transport controls".
Tell me how to do it then I will.
You've sent me your database before... ;)
The symptoms were 'chuntering/slow flickering' of the picture (best way I can explain it without a video), picture gradually acquiring a green hue
It's just video howlround. I could tell you where that used to get used on-air intentionally in a limited sort of way!

Last edited:
Bingo!
eTransMode in the table is showing 2 for real DVB-T and 6 for DVB-T2. The two debatable muxes are showing 1 in the database.
I presume you've seen this in the data file I posted.
May I ask what software you used to do that please as all I see is a mass of $$%^&^&%%$£00000 ?
cheers,
Bob.

The easiest way to view the database is to use the web interface Diagnostics -> Database Browser -> channel.db - you're looking for the TBL_TS table to see the Muxes.

I wonder whether checking eSystem rather than eTransMode would be a better idea.
Could be, the page that EEPhil linked to lists 11 current modes used in the UK and mode 10 is a second DVB-T2 mode that would need including if we stuck with transmission mode. eSystem is an enumeration too though (from the hungarian notation prefix) so may have values other than 0 and 1.

Could be, the page that EEPhil linked to...
I wouldn't take anything on ukfree.tv (spit) as gospel. We don't use 2k carriers any more for a start.
eSystem is an enumeration too though (from the hungarian notation prefix) so may have values other than 0 and 1.
If/when somebody invents DVB-T3 then I'd guess it may end up as 2. I expect they'll turn the transmitters off before this happens though...

However, I have posted screen shots showing the manual tuning of the two T1 modulators. If that isn't enough proof for you then you are basically saying I'm lying.
It is good enough, and I was never saying you were lying. Screenshots don't help fix the problem though. You need the raw data, as you have now seen.

Thanks to everyone for looking at this.
I've just installed SQLite (before the other options were posted) and slowly getting my head around this.
Wonderfully educational for me.

Bob.

I wouldn't take anything on ukfree.tv (spit) as gospel. We don't use 2k carriers any more for a start.
Neither would I. But it was the only (sensible :roflmao:) item that came up when I tried searching for some explanation of eTransMode. Pity that site doesn't reference the source material.

It appears the information is contained in the DTG D-Book V6.0 Section 10.3 table 10.2 according to a BBC submission to Ofcom.
I managed to get a copy of a different version from a well-known site connected with someone arrested at an embassy ;).

Back