How do i deal with a drive space problem?

Have three 9300T machines in use.

1. Has recorded 174 progs and still ok for space.
2. Has recorded about 26 progs and now has problems. - no space left.
3. Is basically a spare backup with a few progs on so do not know it's potential yet.

All up to date with recent updates.

Machine 2 decided the disc was full at about 26 and refused to record any more progs until a prog was deleted to make room. The progs are mainly 1/2 to 1 hour docs. This situation cannot be right. Have I a major problem here with a duff HD?

I have a mind to try to resolve this by formatting the drive but do not know how.(I'm ok formatting PC drives but PVR's are a mystery).

Any help with formatting and/ or any other advice appreciated to solve this problem.

Number 3 machine is no longer the spare and I now have a spare backup capable of a paltry 26hrs of viewing
Cheers.

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
This situation cannot be right. Have I a major problem here with a duff HD?
Formatting is easy: press Menu, select Record, Select HDD Control, select Format (the password defaults to 0000); it will only take a second or two to do the format. I think that should correct your problem. If it reoccurs in a relatively short time then that would indicate that the disk is failing.

OP
OP
G

grumpy jim

Formatting is easy: press Menu, select Record, Select HDD Control, select Format (the password defaults to 0000); it will only take a second or two to do the format. I think that should correct your problem. If it reoccurs in a relatively short time then that would indicate that the disk is failing.
Thanks for super quick response Martin. It's worth a try. Still plenty of warranty left (about 10 months) thank goodness.
Cheers.

OP
OP
G

grumpy jim

Thanks for super quick response Martin. It's worth a try. Still plenty of warranty left (about 10 months) thank goodness.
Cheers.
Further to my last:- Format done -ok. Took precaution of doing a default setup and have now given it loads and loads of continuous recording with the aim of getting it up to about 30 hours and see what happens.

Also as i was down town, I called in at currys and asked what they would do for me if it was returned and without hesitation they offered a replacement should I wish it - no problem.
So, as it has a long warranty, will give it a second chance and see how it goes - but just one more hickup and back it goes.