How do i deal with a drive space problem?

grumpy jim

Have three 9300T machines in use.

1. Has recorded 174 progs and still ok for space.
2. Has recorded about 26 progs and now has problems. - no space left.
3. Is basically a spare backup with a few progs on so do not know it's potential yet.

All up to date with recent updates.

Machine 2 decided the disc was full at about 26 and refused to record any more progs until a prog was deleted to make room. The progs are mainly 1/2 to 1 hour docs. This situation cannot be right. Have I a major problem here with a duff HD?

I have a mind to try to resolve this by formatting the drive but do not know how.(I'm ok formatting PC drives but PVR's are a mystery).

Any help with formatting and/ or any other advice appreciated to solve this problem.

Number 3 machine is no longer the spare and I now have a spare backup capable of a paltry 26hrs of viewing
Cheers.

This situation cannot be right. Have I a major problem here with a duff HD?
Formatting is easy: press Menu, select Record, Select HDD Control, select Format (the password defaults to 0000); it will only take a second or two to do the format. I think that should correct your problem. If it reoccurs in a relatively short time then that would indicate that the disk is failing.

Formatting is easy: press Menu, select Record, Select HDD Control, select Format (the password defaults to 0000); it will only take a second or two to do the format. I think that should correct your problem. If it reoccurs in a relatively short time then that would indicate that the disk is failing.
Thanks for super quick response Martin. It's worth a try. Still plenty of warranty left (about 10 months) thank goodness.
Cheers.

Thanks for super quick response Martin. It's worth a try. Still plenty of warranty left (about 10 months) thank goodness.
Cheers.
Further to my last:- Format done -ok. Took precaution of doing a default setup and have now given it loads and loads of continuous recording with the aim of getting it up to about 30 hours and see what happens.

Also as i was down town, I called in at currys and asked what they would do for me if it was returned and without hesitation they offered a replacement should I wish it - no problem.
So, as it has a long warranty, will give it a second chance and see how it goes - but just one more hickup and back it goes.

Back