How do I replace internal hard drive

I recently replaced the hard drive on my Foxsat with a WD AV-GP 1TB and had to put a jumper across pins 5 and 6 to slow the data transfer rate (as advised in the AVforum). When it comes to replacing the hard drive in the Fox T2, I haven’t seen any similar advice. Does that mean there is no requirement for the use of a jumper with a Fox T2 HDR?. (I run the Custom Firmware on both boxes.)
The Foxsat-HDR was designed to use Sata 2.0 drives, the latest Sata 3.0 drives have much faster data transfer speeds. The Hdr FOX-T2 is a much newer design so should work with the newer drives. If I remember correctly the HDR FOX T2 comes with a Seagate Pipeline Drive which doesn't have jumpers.

Anyone have any feeling on fitting SSD drives ? I was wondering about trim support and any advantages or disadvantages of doing so.

Trev

The Dumb One
Don't bother. No speed advantage, expensive, fairly small, reliability questionable.
Seagate Pipeline is the way to go if you need a new HDD.

Don't bother. No speed advantage, expensive, fairly small, reliability questionable.
Seagate Pipeline is the way to go if you need a new HDD.
Yeah - I read the thread BH posted. Shame I was looking for - faster - cooler. I might just get a HUGE spinning disk, so It takes years to fill it. I am always having to format it when it gets full. It seems to take ages to delete them one at a time.

Looking to replace a failing drive with a 4tb, but the 'Pipeline' drives seem to be hard to come by. IronWolf (NAS) and SkyHawk (Surveillance) seem to be Seagate's current offering. Anyone have any experince of either?

Wallace

Traveler 34122
I don't have any experience of the HDDs that you mention. However, one of my HDRs now has a Western Digital 4TB EURX drive fitted. As BH states in the previous post, you will have to use the special custom firmware format facility.