How do I set machine so I only need HDMI cable, not scart as well

rogermunns

I have a 320Gb version of this box. It is about 3 years old. When I plumbed it in to my HD-ready television, I found I needed both HDMI and SCART cables to be fitted. HD channels do seem better quality than non-HD channels.

A friend has bought a new 500Gb version of the same machine. He has been able to set it up so that he only needs the HDMI cable and gets all channels ok.

Can I do the same? A second friend again with a Humax (not sure of model) said he did the HDMI/SCART thing by using the SOURCE button on the handset. I have a SOURCE button, but nothing happens when I press it.

Would someone please throw some light on these points? I don't have a manual.

The source button you need is on the TV remote not the Foxsats. You shouldn't ever need a scart cable which delivers SD pictures only. It may be marked AV or possibly a little TV with an arrow pointing in. Just keep pressing till the hdmi socket the Foxsat is connected to comes up on the TV. Unlike a scart the TV won't select the hdmi port automatically.

The Source button only works if it is in TV mode and you have told it which model of TV set you have. It is used to tell the TV which source input to use. I *do* have a secondary SCART lead connected but to my DVD recorder so I can copy off recordings from the Foxsat if I want to. All viewing is done over the HDMI connection.

Back