How do I stop a recording in progress?

bathtub

I've recently bought a PVR-9300T. I've searched the manual and this forum without success.

Last night I set it to record two separate channels. I realised I'd made a mistake with one after recording had commenced, but I couldn't find any way to stop the recording once it was in progress. This meant I couldn't set it to record what I wanted.

Is there any way to stop a recording once it's in progress?

Was the box recording from standby by any chance? If this is the case, the stop button will not work.

If the box was turned on whilst recording, you press the Stop Button, and a box will appear on screen asking you which recording you would like to stop. You select this and then press OK, and the recording will stop.

They were scheduled recordings. As far as I can see pressing the stop button only works for instant recording.

Perhaps I should explain, I use the PVR as a freeview, digibox with an old analogue TV, so it's on whenever the telly is.

The stop button should work with scheduled recordings, but you need to be watching TV via the Humax, and with no menus on screen at the time.

Stop will Not work if you are trying it whilst viewing the scheduled recordings screen, or any other one for that matter.

I must've tried the stop button, it's so obvious. I tried everything else I could think of, I even read the manual and I'm a bloke!

I'll have to set it up to do the same again.

Thanks for your help.

OK! I put my hands up. It looks like I didn't try the stop button (hangs head in shame). Sorry!

I'll have a more technical query soon.

Back