Hi, do you know how to uninstall the firmware as I've moved my Foxsat HDR and don't need it anymore, thanks.
Cheers thanks for that.The WebIF has its own documentation. I had it drummed into me recently that this is the main documentation source. In the FAQ section are these instructions:
To completely remove the custom firmware carry out the following:
It's important that you do not reboot between deleting the opt folder and reflashing standard firmware otherwise the custom folder structure will be recreated.
- Download the latest Humax Foxsat-HDR firmware from here.
The download instructions are also available, it is important to read these before continuing.
- Copy the standard Humax firmware on to the root of your USB stick, remembering to change the file name to "FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf".
Warning: With Windows Explorer check that you have do not have "Hide extensions for known file types" enabled, as you could rename the file as "FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf.hdf".
- Delete folder /mnt/hd4/opt using one of the following methods:
- Using Samba delete folder: /media/opt
- Using FTP delete folder: /mnt/hd4/opt
- Using telnet enter: rm -rf /mnt/hd4/opt
- Power down the Foxsat-HDR.
- Insert your USB stick into the front USB port.
- Restart the Foxsat-HDR by holding down the front panel power button till reflash starts.