How do I uninstall Custom Firmware

fatbloke

Hi, do you know how to uninstall the firmware as I've moved my Foxsat HDR and don't need it anymore, thanks.

Hi, do you know how to uninstall the firmware as I've moved my Foxsat HDR and don't need it anymore, thanks.

The WebIF has its own documentation. I had it drummed into me recently that this is the main documentation source. In the FAQ section are these instructions:

To completely remove the custom firmware carry out the following:
  1. Download the latest Humax Foxsat-HDR firmware from here.
    The download instructions are also available, it is important to read these before continuing.
  2. Copy the standard Humax firmware on to the root of your USB stick, remembering to change the file name to "FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf".
    Warning: With Windows Explorer check that you [...] do not have "Hide extensions for known file types" enabled, as you could rename the file as "FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf.hdf".
  3. Delete folder /mnt/hd4/opt using one of the following methods:
    • Using Samba delete folder: /media/opt
    • Using FTP delete folder: /mnt/hd4/opt
    • Using telnet enter: rm -rf /mnt/hd4/opt
  4. Power down the Foxsat-HDR.
  5. Insert your USB stick into the front USB port.
  6. Restart the Foxsat-HDR by holding down the front panel power button till reflash starts.
It's important that you do not reboot between deleting the opt folder and reflashing standard firmware otherwise the custom folder structure will be recreated.

The WebIF has its own documentation. I had it drummed into me recently that this is the main documentation source. In the FAQ section are these instructions:

To completely remove the custom firmware carry out the following:
  1. Download the latest Humax Foxsat-HDR firmware from here.
    The download instructions are also available, it is important to read these before continuing.
  2. Copy the standard Humax firmware on to the root of your USB stick, remembering to change the file name to "FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf".
    Warning: With Windows Explorer check that you have do not have "Hide extensions for known file types" enabled, as you could rename the file as "FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf.hdf".
  3. Delete folder /mnt/hd4/opt using one of the following methods:
    • Using Samba delete folder: /media/opt
    • Using FTP delete folder: /mnt/hd4/opt
    • Using telnet enter: rm -rf /mnt/hd4/opt
  4. Power down the Foxsat-HDR.
  5. Insert your USB stick into the front USB port.
  6. Restart the Foxsat-HDR by holding down the front panel power button till reflash starts.
It's important that you do not reboot between deleting the opt folder and reflashing standard firmware otherwise the custom folder structure will be recreated.
Cheers thanks for that.

Back