How do you mount NFS shares?

Been trying to get my head around this feature because I'd prefer to use NFS for network streaming rather than SMB for efficiency reasons. I make a folder in the [ModSettings] folder and fiddle with the options but I can never get the share to show properly when using Kodi, whereas via SMB I can see the root of the drive and any other USB drives mounted as shared folders. What am I missing?

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I'm not an expert, but network-shares-automount is not the be-all-and-end-all of network configuration - it just provides most of us with what we need without getting too technical. There are probably config files which define mount points etc, which can be tweaked directly.

MontysEvilTwin

I think you need to edit the file '/mod/etc/exports' and add a line like this:
Code:
"/media/usb-drive1"      0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0(rw,insecure,no_root_squash,all_squash,no_subtree_check,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
That should make a non-gpt NTFS drive (mounted by NTFS-3g) show up in Kodi. An non-gpt ext3 drive would mount as 'drive1' and a gpt ext3 drive would mount as 'gpt-drive1' so you would need to edit exports accordingly.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I'm not a Mac user, but Windows users can do that with an SMB mount so I don't see why it wouldn't work with NFS and MacOS.