How do you mount NFS shares?

zekepliskin

Been trying to get my head around this feature because I'd prefer to use NFS for network streaming rather than SMB for efficiency reasons. I make a folder in the [ModSettings] folder and fiddle with the options but I can never get the share to show properly when using Kodi, whereas via SMB I can see the root of the drive and any other USB drives mounted as shared folders. What am I missing?

I'm not an expert, but network-shares-automount is not the be-all-and-end-all of network configuration - it just provides most of us with what we need without getting too technical. There are probably config files which define mount points etc, which can be tweaked directly.

I think you need to edit the file '/mod/etc/exports' and add a line like this:
Code:
"/media/usb-drive1"      0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0(rw,insecure,no_root_squash,all_squash,no_subtree_check,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
That should make a non-gpt NTFS drive (mounted by NTFS-3g) show up in Kodi. An non-gpt ext3 drive would mount as 'drive1' and a gpt ext3 drive would mount as 'gpt-drive1' so you would need to edit exports accordingly.

I'm not a Mac user, but Windows users can do that with an SMB mount so I don't see why it wouldn't work with NFS and MacOS.

Back