Poll How do you schedule recordings?

What is your primary method for setting things to record?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use standard TV as Web interface EPG has never worked for me.
Do you mean the EPG itself doesn't display, or that you have never managed to record using it? Either way, rather than give it up as a bad job (which it isn't) you should start a topic appealing for help to debug your issue.

If the latter, do you realise that the Humax has to be rebooted in order to move any WebIF or RS pending reservations into the actual schedule? A notice and offer to do so appears on the WebIF when you perform an action which requires a reboot to implement.

Do you mean the EPG itself doesn't display, or that you have never managed to record using it? Either way, rather than give it up as a bad job (which it isn't) you should start a topic appealing for help to debug your issue.

If the latter, do you realise that the Humax has to be rebooted in order to move any WebIF or RS pending reservations into the actual schedule? A notice and offer to do so appears on the WebIF when you perform an action which requires a reboot to implement.

So if I pick a program to record via the WebIf EPG I need to reboot?
Thank you for your help.

Yes, after you click on 'Record Programme' you should see a message in the header of the Web-If EPG page, note in this case the re-start would be carried out at a later time due to the Humax being busy with a recording

upload_2015-2-21_21-54-32.png

You would also see this at the top of the 'Scheduled Events' screen

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
So if I pick a program to record via the WebIf EPG I need to reboot?
Indeed. Have you never noticed the warnings?

The technical reason behind it is that the database file which controls scheduled events (and which is updated by the SUI) is locked and cannot be altered except by the Humax normal operations. If the custom firmware wants to make alterations they have to be queued and implemented when the Humax firmware is not running - a window of opportunity is created by delaying the start-up of the Humax firmware after boot.

Indeed. Have you never noticed the warnings?

The technical reason behind it is that the database file which controls scheduled events (and which is updated by the SUI) is locked and cannot be altered except by the Humax normal operations. If the custom firmware wants to make alterations they have to be queued and implemented when the Humax firmware is not running - a window of opportunity is created by delaying the start-up of the Humax firmware after boot.

Thank guys I will give it a go in a bit. Glad I learned something today :)

The reboot sign came up(never noticed it before) lets see what happens.

Update=Perfect. Thanks again guys.

Last edited:
The technical reason behind it is that the database file which controls scheduled events (and which is updated by the SUI) is locked and cannot be altered except by the Humax normal operations.
It's not locked. You can happily write to it, but any changes you make don't get read by the Humax software and the database gets rewritten when needed from the application's memory.

Hmm, I can't get it to work on or off.

Sure on the Web page it said it was recording, but nothing on the box?

You need to understand the sequence of operations required to get a recording scheduled by RS and acted on.
  1. An event is triggered at the Remote Scheduler web service (manually or by an EPG search match);
  2. The target HDR-FOX polls the RS site for updated instructions and downloads the event - this is done periodically while the unit is awake or half-awake (no, it can't work in standby!);
  3. The event is added to the pending list for schedule update at next boot - the event cannot be added to the live schedule while the HDR-FOX is running;
  4. A reboot from full standby transfers the event from the pending list to the live schedule - this has to happen before the event is due.
So you can see the target unit has to go in and out of standby on a regular basis to enable RS instructions to be acted on, and it is almost hopeless to ask for a recording to be made (via RS) which needs to be acted on imminently. EPG search hits normally occur 7 days ahead of the event, so they have a decent chance of working.

RS for me, the list of what others are recording is pretty awesome and I have a scheduled wake event early each morning so it just works for me :)

2nd most i use webif, very rarely do i use the guide, when i do i moan how slow it is compared to using ipad/phone and one of these two!

Odd question, what is book me

"Book me" appears when programmes are being trailed on the telly - typically a green button appears at top right to prompt the user to press green on their handset. That stores up some kind of advance schedule entry, because the booked programme will record even though it may be outside the current range of the EPG.

Haven't you missed the most helpful option? I almost exclusively use the TV Diary with a list of actor's names, likely titles, likely nattatives and so on in the WatchList tab.
It is fantasic!!!

It really pains me that I have to copy and paste it into the EPG page to actually schedule it!
I don't yet have the skills to rectify that. :(

Haven't you missed the most helpful option? I almost exclusively use the TV Diary with a list of actor's names, likely titles, likely nattatives and so on in the WatchList tab.
It is fantasic!!!

It really pains me that I have to copy and paste it into the EPG page to actually schedule it!
I don't yet have the skills to rectify that. :(
The Poll has been running since Jan 2013 whilst TV Diary has only been around since Nov 2013 and although it like Radio Times helps you to choose what to record it, unfortunately, can't actually schedule the recordings.
Remote Auto scheduling isn't on the list either.

A lot has changed over the last three years - the recent addition of Real Time Scheduling means that I no longer need to use the Humax EPG at all and now almost exclusively use the Webif or RS EPG so my vote would change.

Perhaps it is time to retire the poll.

A lot has changed over the last three years - the recent addition of Real Time Scheduling means that I no longer need to use the Humax EPG at all and now almost exclusively use the Webif or RS EPG so my vote would change.
And you can opt to use the WebIF beta scheduler that doesn't require a reboot. It works for me.:D

"Book me" appears when programmes are being trailed on the telly - typically a green button appears at top right to prompt the user to press green on their handset. That stores up some kind of advance schedule entry, because the booked programme will record even though it may be outside the current range of the EPG.
I was quite sure that you only get the book me green once the event is WITHIN the next week epg range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back