Poll How do you schedule recordings?

What is your primary method for setting things to record?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

af123

Administrator
Staff member
A comment that someone made recently about doing most of their day-to-day box management via RS intrigued me. Here's a quick poll for CFW users - how do you primarily schedule things to record?

Sounds obvious but it depends where I am! If im in the house i'd use the the epg on the box - but if I found out about a show im interested in when out and about then I wouldnt even consider waiting to get home - I'd get straight on the rs website on my phone.

Also, ive set up a few notification reminders on the rs website. I would have missed the new series of top gear without it. Again, if I get the email when not at home I'd log into rs.

One thing I do that I'd be interested to see if others do is to use the rs website to check for upcoming films. I almost exclusively use the rs website to schedule all my movie recordings as I've got into the habit of logging into rs once a week and running a blank search on the epg for film/drama then picking all the movies I like.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

One thing I do that I'd be interested to see if others do is to use the rs website to check for upcoming films.
I do that too - plus I have an automatic email notification for Genre=Film/Drama and description matches '+(2010 2011 2012)' so I get told about fairly recent films coming up. The latest notification I got was for Source Code which is being shown shortly.

Use humax epg whenever possible.
Use RS when away and can't get at the humax directly.

I.e. basically as I would assume RS was originally envisaged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Perhaps the poll should be extended to people's secondary scheduling method.

I agree BH, as I used to use the RS exclusively, then after the WebIf EPG was updated to mirror RS sites look and feel (and it has favourites) i now use that, but I also still use the RS site to set alerts for new series, and like the emails that I get, and if I am away form home I use the RS, but I simply use the WebIf at home as I find it easier as I use the WebIf to sort my recordings into folders after I have recorded them!

But I like the RS sites ability to alert me to clashes, and the fact it highlights the programmes I have set to record, so basically I use both!

I tend to do most of my scheduling via the Standard TV Interface - Guide, but also use the Web Interface EPG, and the Remote Scheduling Portal. I don't use the RS Portal when I am away from home, as the network connection to my boxes is only turned on when required.

Is it worth editing the poll to allow selection of multiple responses, then we can see how many people use each method.

I do that too - plus I have an automatic email notification for Genre=Film/Drama and description matches '+(2010 2011 2012)' so I get told about fairly recent films coming up. The latest notification I got was for Source Code which is being shown shortly.

cheers Af123, I hadn't spotted that film either! I see CH4 must be spending some money on fairly new films, as so far I have recorded all the Sunday night 9pm films from the beginning of this year!

Do you see the word "Edit" at the end of your "What is your primary method for setting things to record?" clicking this will allow you to edit the poll. I can change it for you if you don't have the option.

No, I don't have the edit option, but I was interested in the primary method that people use rather than all the methods they use. I accept some people will have trouble choosing!

That's a great idea!

The remote scheduler is worth its weight in gold and as for the search keyword option......well words fail me....being able to ask the scheduler to look for a program or new series that might be months away from broadcast is awesome !!

Agreed, one of the best features for me is the ability to search on text in the synopsis field rather than the title, this allows you find every 'Hitchcock' movie, for instance, as long as his name is included is the description obviously

I mainly use RS to record all the F1 races - several of them are on at irregular times, and I'm not organised enough to remember to look each one up individually, usually over a week since the last GP and within a week of the next one starting, in order to schedule it. With the rule always checking automatically, it's fantastic to get the email each time one appears in the EPG and know it will record. If only RS could remind me to watch it on the day, so that I don't get to work the next morning and hear everyone discussing the result :rolleyes:

I see no-one has voted for 'book me' as their preferred option! I used to use this a lot, when I used the HDR for normal TV viewing with the old non-DVB TV, although back then I think I used the on-screen EPG the most. Now that the HDR is used purely for recordings and playback, RS is the weapon of choice, in particular the mobile version because I will usually be sat on the sofa watching TV when I use it. It's even more convenient than picking up the Humax remote control and switching on the HDR, which is a credit to the author! (and proof of what a lazy couch potato I am)

Sounds like a great idea, but I don't see a description matches field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back