1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to manually start webif?

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by dragon, Apr 14, 2012.

  1. dragon

    dragon New Member

    Got into bit of a pickle. Been away for a few days and noticed new version out etc. and intending to upgrade.

    • From the web-if let it upgraded all packages. Set few params like for the redring app. and tidied up some duplicates, deleted few progs etc. and all seemed OK
    • Overnight box rebooted and stuck on default channel Cbeebies... with no response remote or front panel. No web-if response.
    • Upgraded to new beta firmware to get TV working, and all Ok but no mods of course
    • So put on new mod software. Still all OK but no web-if.
    • Can telnet to the box and had a poke around in the init.d scripts etc. but can't see what it is supposed to be loading, or a page here with best solution, aside from perhaps doing
    diag remove_mod_yes_i_am_sure
    Any suggestions or pointers to a page I have missed please!


  2. af123

    af123 Administrator Staff Member

    Try typing service at the command line and see what's running. If mongoose isn't, then start it with service start mongoose - any mongoose errors will appear in /var/log/mongoose_errors.log - worth checking that too.

    Edit: mongoose is the web server software.
  3. dragon

    dragon New Member

    Hmm, Ok looks like I just needed to start mongoose as everything seems to be there OK.

    service start mongoose
    service auto mongoose

    Now have re-installed few packages as I couldn't prepare before upgrading and seems OK, will keep an eye on it.

    Thanks for the big pointer, was assuming completely different issue, durgh!

  4. dragon

    dragon New Member

    For anyone else seeing similar I still had the problem of no response from remote control etc. and I thought no web interface and telnet response after a reboot, thought I got response from both at very slow speeds after 30-60 seonds.

    This eventually cleared up, from process list it looked like the auto un-protect package was running down all files for all the time it was slow so maybe it is just because it was doing a full scan? I did remove the redring package during this time too as it was the last change I had made before the original problem.
  5. Black Hole

    Black Hole Theloniuos Abbot

    Do you by any chance have a share mounted under "My Video" instead of as a USB drive? Some people thought it would be a good idea, but of course any recursive scan process (eg DLNA indexing) will get bogged down trying to follow all the directory paths on the remote device.
  6. dragon

    dragon New Member

    I haven't ... but I can see why that would cause an issue! It seems to have settled down now, though I haven't rebooted it fully with power button since. If it happens again I will try and see which processes is hogging all the CPU time - ps on the box seems to only have "ps w".
  7. Black Hole

    Black Hole Theloniuos Abbot

  8. dragon

    dragon New Member

    Having a look, thanks. Frankly considering other people have had issues with it too and being the last things I modified I suspect the redring package is involved somewhere. I removed that yesterday too so will see how it goes and other people's issues before putting it back.

  9. af123

    af123 Administrator Staff Member

    The top command should be available and there is a full version of ps in the procps package.
  10. dragon

    dragon New Member

    Thanks will look at procps then as useful to know what processes are causing the issue. Fingers crossed seems OK for now.