How to permanently delete a scheduled recording?

Could someone please explain how to delete a scheduled recording permanently, highlighting the scheduled item and pressing the delete key does not work as the recording still appears in the schedule.
Thanks

You will then need a reboot unless you have RTS (Real-Time Scheduling) enabled in WebIF >> Settings. Any action which requires a reboot to complete will be flagged at the top of the page.

Alternatively, use the SUI (standard user interface): GUIDE >> Schedule (yellow) >> select >> Delete (blue).

WebIF setting: RTS

It used to be the case that reboots were required to make modifications to the recording schedule. This was crippling, particularly for the RS service, because it was impossible to set a recording through WebIF or RS without then making sure that the instruction was actually registered in time for the recording to be made - if through RS, presumably you're not at home to do it! RTS (Real Time Scheduling) revolutionises this: turn it on to make schedule alterations without needing a reboot.

Note:
there remain some rare occurrences of "runaway recordings" when RTS is enabled, but these are rare - and the advantage of being able to schedule recordings remotely, without requiring a reboot before the schedule alteration takes effect, is too good to ignore.​

Whilst I am on the subject of recording, how can I stop a recording from being made on several other occasions?
Are you talking about multi-part programmes e.g. films split across news
When you schedule one part both parts will be recorded, but there is a Humax bug that will record all repeats as well
The schedchk package will try to resolve this and other scheduling problems, it is an Advanced package so not shown in default package list

No I am talking about programmes which are listed for recording on several different dates, so the recorder records the same programme several times.
Incidently, RTS is not listed in my Settings > advanced settings pages, any ideas at all please?

No I am talking about programmes which are listed for recording on several different dates, so the recorder records the same programme several times.
Incidently, RTS is not listed in my Settings > advanced settings pages, any ideas at all please?
This is not normal behaviour, if you schedule a single programme only that specific instance will be recorded.
Please provide detailed examples of programmes scheduled to record multiple times.
Are you using Remote Scheduling with Auto schedule rules to schedule these recordings? If the rules are not specific enough they could schedule all instances of a programmes

What version of Customised firmware and webif are you using? Real Time Scheduling has been available for many years now
Please ensure you try 'Upgrade all packages' on the Packages pages

Firstly, what do we mean by remote scheduling, is it scheduling via the Webif? if that is the case, then I do use this method, as for Auto schedule rules I am not sure what these are.

Currently the receiver is operating using the following set up:

Web interface v. 1.4.9-9
Custom firmware v. 3.13 (build 4028)
Loader v. a7.33
system id 80bc.7e00
as for examples, I will try to post when they next (if) appear.

Firstly, what do we mean by remote scheduling, is it scheduling via the Webif? if that is the case, then I do use this method, as for Auto schedule rules I am not sure what these are.
Remote scheduling allows you to schedule recordings from anywhere in the world https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Scheduling

RTS should be available in your webif level, I vaguely recall the option is not shown in some circumstances but cant remember details
It is possible RTS has been disabled following an earlier Humax crash.

To resolve try running diag fix-flash-packages from the Diagnostics page or a command line then reboot.

Future package disablement can be prevented by running from a command line
touch /var/lib/humaxtv/mod/no_plugin_autodisable

Last edited:
I ran the fix-flash-packages diagnostics, and it appears to have fixed the RTS issue, in that it now appears in the advanced settings and can be enabled or disabled as required.
So thank you all for your valuable help as always.
So let me ask once again, I am about to record on Film 4 'Bugles in the afternoon', this can be recorded on 3 separate times, so how do I ensure that it only gets recorded the once?.

I am about to record on Film 4 'Bugles in the afternoon', this can be recorded on 3 separate times, so how do I ensure that it only gets recorded the once?
Just because it can be, doesn't mean it will be... unless it is a split recording (with something like FYI Daily between the halves), in which case there is a bug in the Humax firmware which results in multiple copies being recorded (in which case I refer you to previous answers).

If you want to know what the machine is actually going to do (having set a recording): Guide >> Schedule, then select a particular schedule entry and press right to obtain the list of subsequent recordings (within the rage of the EPG). If none are listed, then what is scheduled is the only recording which will be made.

So let me ask once again, I am about to record on Film 4 'Bugles in the afternoon', this can be recorded on 3 separate times, so how do I ensure that it only gets recorded the once?.
I think there is a display bug in both webif & RS EPG and Visual displays.
I scheduled Bugles on Film4 for today and it correctly appears only in the Schedule for today,
but looking at the EPG displays for next Monday 17th it appears as highlighted for recording on the 17th and in the Visual display as causing a conflict on the 17th

I am fairly confident this a temporary phenomenon and will disappear within a few minutes when the current recording is completed.

Split recordings, as previously discussed, are a different kettle of fish!

Thank you very much, that is a great explanation.
I think there is a display bug in both webif & RS EPG and Visual displays.
I scheduled Bugles on Film4 for today and it correctly appears only in the Schedule for today,
but looking at the EPG displays for next Monday 17th it appears as highlighted for recording on the 17th and in the Visual display as causing a conflict on the 17th

I am fairly confident this a temporary phenomenon and will disappear within a few minutes when the current recording is completed.

Split recordings, as previously discussed, are a different kettle of fish!
I have just checked in the recording schedule, and as you have predicted correctly, there is nothing listed to record, as it should be, all is good.

I have just checked in the recording schedule, and as you have predicted correctly, there is nothing listed to record, as it should be, all is good.
😭 Unfortunately it hasn't worked as expected for me
Somehow I do now have a schedule entry for next Monday, even though the activity.log only shows today being scheduled
Code:
2676    12/10/2022 14:30:06 - Recorded: /Bugles in the Afternoon (40 minutes - Film4)
2675    12/10/2022 13:49:21 - Scheduled Bugles in the Afternoon @ 1665575100
1665590474725.png
More investigation and experimentation needed!

My suspicion is that I started the recording after the programme had started (something supported by RTS) but the schedule entry was added for the next occurrence of the programme.
I haven't found any suitable example to test with yet (that don't conflict with my normal recordings)

Last edited:
Back