Humax 9150 & 9300 freezing etc - Caps replace

I just hooked up the 9200T to look at the freezing problem. It does show the symtpon of slow population of EPG which can cause freezing of the machine for a few minutes.

Both the 9150T and 9200T do not show all the programs which I can find on my TV, like channel number 96.

Both the 9150T and 9200T do not show all the programs which I can find on my TV, like channel number 96.
That is to be expected.
Channel number 96 is currently broadcast on a DVB-T2 multiplex. The 9150T and 9200T have DVB-T tuners only.

Dear Luke

Thanks for your advice. Since the capacitors of the 9200T was changed in 2012 but it has only been used for 1 year on 2016, the freezing problem has returned. Do you think it is worth changing the capacitors on the power supply board again? Or should I just forget about repairing the 9200T. At the moment, the 9150T after capacitor replacement is working fine.

My 82 year old aunt only uses the Humax for watching and recording a few programs, so she is not going to miss a few channels! She is used to the operation of the 9150T and 9200T so I will change the capacitors of the 9200T and keep it as a spare unit in case the 9150T .

Do you think it is worth changing the capacitors on the power supply board again? Or should I just forget about repairing the 9200T. At the moment, the 9150T after capacitor replacement is working fine.
The 9150T cope a lot better with a large epg compared to the 9200T. It's blips are very short lived compared to the frustrating 9200T.

Before replacing the capacitors if I were you I'd check first if the issue is due to the epg by using manual tuning to only tune into 4 of the five main multiplexes. If that cures the freezing issue then you will know that it isn't down to the capacitors.
If the issue is the epg then that can be worse when the 9200T is accidentally tuned not more than 1 transmitter as that would further strain the epg behind the scenes population mechanism.

There are some tuning instructions for how to select which multiplexes you tune into at https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/is-the-pvr-9300-perfect.62/#post-6432.
To decide which multiplex to leave out have a look at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings and click on the "Mux" column heading to sort the channels by mux (multiplexes). Presumably your Aunt records from the two main Muxes, BBC A and D3&4 and so you will need to look at SDN, Arq B and Arq A to decide which set of further channels would not be much missed during the experiment. Hopefully you can miss out tuning SDN or Arq B as both have more channels then Arq A.

Last edited:
Just as a final observation on the original symptoms - there has been a miracle!

As previously stated, changing the caps, per OP there was no improvement in behaviour. However, on Mar 7 we (Sutton Coldfield transmitter) were prompted to retune - again!). It wasn't til a couple of days later that I realised that it was all operating smoothly once more - yipeeee!

This gives me breathing space waiting for the right "managers special" (ie refurb) of HD with FreeviewPlay...

Back