Humax Beta Firmware

Mr Ploppy, if you're going to visit 3view, you can look but you mustn't touch! They're such a defensive lot because they're trying to keep a white elephant afloat, that if you post anything slightly critical then they flag your post and it gets removed pdq.
One beneficial thing about reading of their woes is that it makes me relaxed about Humax not rushing out a half arsed portal.

Just an aside peops ... I would just like to say will Sky be able to deliver a usable service through a "portal"? If the the portal can cache enough traffic then great but having waded my way through rubbish loads of Silverlight PC media is there any hope? Iplayer will be fine but Sky content ....... (and yes I know, briefly , that the H HD Fox's are linux , tux hero, and cant run S..tlight or a compatible M..light to deliver content .. and the brief appearance of a flash Skyplayer on the portal ... which is the important thing) probably the delay , in my humble opinion, will be DRM issues using flash as a delivery system .... does anybody remember "get_iplayer" ?????????

how many have been given the test firmware, there cant be that many owners actually on ds, 50 at most i'd assume, wouldnt have thought it would have hurt humax to send it to everyone who expressed an interest??

Ah, but Humax have a Group on Facebook with nearly 1100 people following it and the asked for beta testers on there too :(

Back