Humax Beta Firmware

P

pacomac

Humax Beta Firmware

Does anyone happen to know the web address for the Humax Beta firmware downloads. I used to rely on Hummy.org for firmware links but since its gone I'm finding it impossible to find. I read somewhere that the new portal software for the FOX-HDR T2 MIGHT be released this weekend! ;)

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Re: Humax Beta Firmware

pacomac said:
Does anyone happen to know the web address for the Humax Beta firmware downloads. I used to rely on Hummy.org for firmware links but since its gone I'm finding it impossible to find. I read somewhere that the new portal software for the FOX-HDR T2 MIGHT be released this weekend! ;)

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Humax have emailed people tonight who they have given access to the portal beta, only those on the system have the password.

Hm Has this been sent out yet? can I stop checking my email in hope and move on and wait for the official release now please? I know it's all first and second rule of Fight Club, but would be nice to be put out of my misery. A simple wink would do and I'll say no more ;)

debear said:
Hm Has this been sent out yet? can I stop checking my email in hope and move on and wait for the official release now please? I know it's all first and second rule of Fight Club, but would be nice to be put out of my misery. A simple wink would do and I'll say no more ;)

bob_cat posted a few days ago for people to check their email so if you havn't got one I don't think you are one of the lucky ones. :cry:

bixieupnorth said:
when was this email, can you be more precise so i can check my junk, where was this post you mention?

there was a post on ds about 4/5 days ago from humax support, chance to register for beta testing, if you didnt register i think its too late now, emails going out this week.

Humax have emailed people tonight who they have given access to the portal beta, only those on the system have the password.

So I guess you are one of the lucky ones then ;)

Guess Humax don't like me; I applied for both the WiFi dongle testing and the current beta, but nothing, nada. So much for brand loyalty (this is my secomd Hummy) :mad: - have to be a Toppy next time methinks :p

Guess Humax don't like me; I applied for both the WiFi dongle testing and the current beta, but nothing, nada. :p

Actually I was already on the beta programme from the wifi dongle testing era and earlier:D. I just saw a post from bob_cat that said the emails were going out and to check your inboxes.

Guess Humax don't like me; I applied for both the WiFi dongle testing and the current beta, but nothing, nada. So much for brand loyalty (this is my secomd Hummy) :mad: - have to be a Toppy next time methinks :p

im still checking my email :(
"Thanks to eveyone who has emailed in interested in the TV Portal Beta.

Those who have been selected will receive an email this week with details of the software; unfortunately due to the large amount of interest we are not able to select everyone.

I hope to be able to send the software out to those not selected prior to the official release.

Thanks

Humax Support"

^ I think that just means they will send a email to a download link when/if it goes up on the public beta site, I dont think they would delay it any longer just as a consolation prize.

judging by some of the posts on ds, the update may not be out this month. its a good job they have a quaulty product and a loyal customer base (im on my second humax and moved my 9200 upstairs), how many others products would you keep after so many broken promises.

HUMAX just give us something apart from words, even if it is incomplete software, then you could have alot more beta testers,to help iron out the bugs

judging by some of the posts on ds, the update may not be out this month. its a good job they have a quaulty product and a loyal customer base (im on my second humax and moved my 9200 upstairs), how many others products would you keep after so many broken promises.

HUMAX just give us something apart from words, even if it is incomplete software, then you could have alot more beta testers,to help iron out the bugs

You don't want too many beta testers if you won't be able to handle the volume of replies, if you have a bug and 2 or 3 people find it you can deal with it but if you suddenly have to deal with 200 people reporting the same problem it just takes up time that could be more profitable spent deleloping the software. A well rounded small set of testers is far more useful than a hundred all the same.

You don't want too many beta testers if you won't be able to handle the volume of replies, if you have a bug and 2 or 3 people find it you can deal with it but if you suddenly have to deal with 200 people reporting the same problem it just takes up time that could be more profitable spent deleloping the software. A well rounded small set of testers is far more useful than a hundred all the same.

i know, just letting steam off. didnt get the email:(

Hmmm... I must admit to being a little bit annoyed at all this. All the secrecy, the delays... makes me think about going elsewhere when I upgrade agaon. Youview looks quite good! :)

Back