Humax DTR-T1000 Auto Repeating Skip Forward on Recordings

DaveCheltenham

I have had the box for a few days now and all seemed to be OK until the latest update 9.5.0 SW; 1.2.6 Component SW; 312 Platform Configuration and 1 ISP configuration.

While I accept that for the few days I had version 8 SW, I did not experience the Auto Repeating Skip Forward on playback (1 minute) that I do now. It usually happens after 3 or 4 presses of the remote Skip Forward on recordings but not every time. The repeat cycle is about once/second and the only way to stop it is to press STOP and then try and get back where you want to be. It has only happened on SD recordings so far but may also be present on HD ones.

I have powered off the box but this made no difference. I have also confirmed that it is not the remote control button sticking. Any suggestions as to whether it could be software or hardware would be welcome? Otherwise a great unit with a lot of potential.

Regards

Several people, including me, have had this with the latest update not only on Skip Forward but also on Skip Back. A more direct way to stop it is to press the same key (|<< or >>|) again.

Several people, including me, have had this with the latest update not only on Skip Forward but also on Skip Back. A more direct way to stop it is to press the same key (|<< or >>|) again.
Thanks, It is good to know it is not a hardware problem. The only button that worked for me was the STOP one.

Regards

Hi. Just bought a new box through BT and have the same issue. Running versions:

Manufacturer: 10.6.0
Component: 1.3.4
Platform: 332
ISP: 27

Does anyone know when an update will be available?

Thanks

A fix was slated for the next update. Except the "next" update turned out to be an emergency release to sort out a connectivity problem with BT branded boxes so it is now the next release after that.

There was one in January and one in February and one slated for March. If my memory serves me right there were a couple last quarter after the initial release and one before that during the trial period.

This is still a problem since the latest software update a few days ago, in fact it is worse as it now kicks in on a single button press.

Back