Humax Foxsat HDR

simonog

My hard disk failed recently and i replaced it. In reinitialising it, I lost the custom firmware on which I have become dependent!

Trying to find the firmware, following the link from the wiki firmware downloads page and selecting the firmware, I get to a google docs page with error 403 - you don't have access.

Does the software still exist or has it been withdrawn? or am i doing something stupid (again)?

Which link in the Wiki was you following?, I wasn't aware there was a link for the Foxsat HDR Custom firmware in the Wiki, were you refering to Custom Packages ?

Last edited:
That Firmware Download page had been replaced with this one :-

However, both The original page and the replacement page is for Humax HDR / HD Fox T2 not the Foxsat satellite product

Thank you. Does the firmware still exist for the satellite product? I used it on this box for at least 3 or 4 years and thought it outstanding.

There are some forum links here :-

thank you. Should I have been able to find that? I tried searching and failed.

When I try and download it, it offers me something called raydons media and file server bundle before the core software - does that sound a) right and b) necessary?

thank you. Should I have been able to find that? I tried searching and failed.

When I try and download it, it offers me something called raydons media and file server bundle before the core software - does that sound a) right and b) necessary?
This is the guy who "invented" it

Got it! thank you both very much. I will now try and install and hope that I don't lose the current recordings :)

If you ever want to play recordings off the foxsat you may want to install nowster's patch as well if it's in there

Got it! thank you both very much. I will now try and install and hope that I don't lose the current recordings :)
You appear to have understood in post #5 above, so why did you start this new thread?

You can't install any file with HDR_FOX_T2 in the title onto a Foxsat they can not use the same firmware

Should I have been able to find that? I tried searching and failed.
Yes, you should have... but not necessarily by search. There is a forum section "FOXSAT-HDR Freesat Recorder" with a sub-section "FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware", which contains pinned threads... including the "Useful Links" thread.

You appear to have understood in post #5 above, so why did you start this new thread?
He didn't, he originally appended his post to the "Useful Links" thread itself, so why he was then rattling on about the HDR-FOX wiki and firmware is a mystery.

May I start by saying I am sorry!
The issue is simply that I did not understand the structure of this site. Those of you who have worked so hard to create it understand the conventions inside out; as someone who has not accessed it for at least 5 years I hooked on to whatever seemed most relevant. After failing with the T2 software, and being helpfully corrected by one respondent, I have now been directed to a different place for what is more likely to be needed. It's entirely due to my misunderstanding.
What I would say would be much easier is if all the models and versions were in one place. I think I am about to download from a dropbox source in a .rar file (which I will unpack) and hope to find the right hdf file in there. (as opposed to a different location with a zip file where I was trying to use the wrong model's software.)

Once again, the error was mine and I thank those of you who steered me right. I have now installed the firmware and am relieved/delighted to have a working machine again. Using the Humax interface was driving me up the wall.

Back