Humax HDR-FOX T2 Problems when recording

Carl Markland

Hi all
I have a humax hdr-fox T2.
When i record a channel the recorded channel has recorded with no problem,but if i record one channel and try to watch another channel the sound and picture on the channel im watching breaks up and the picture is pictulated and totally unwatchable!
Every channel is the same whilst recording except the bbc channels!

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be!

Thanks

When i record a channel the recorded channel has recorded with no problem,but if i record one channel and try to watch another channel the sound and picture on the channel im watching breaks up and the picture is pictulated and totally unwatchable!

My guess would be that the second tuner has developed a fault or the box is mistuned in some way. Is it really BBC channels are OK irrespective of the channel being recorded or is it that if recording say ITV1 then BBC channels are now unwatchable but Channel 4 is OK?

Hi
Yes bbc channels are all ok irrespective of what other channel i record!
When im not recording and just watching and flicking through the channels they are all picture perfect!
I did do a factrory reset but that has made no difference!

Yes bbc channels are all ok irrespective of what other channel i record!
When im not recording and just watching and flicking through the channels they are all picture perfect!
I did do a factrory reset but that has made no difference!
Something very odd going on. If you press Menu Button then select Settings>System>Signal detection It should show you the signal strength and quality for the current multiplex and a list of multiplex channel numbers on the right. If you right arrow over to them it should show signal strength and quality for the other multiplex channels. Can you post a list showing multiplex channel number, signal strength, signal quality for each of the multiplex channels? Maybe someone else has an idea what is going on?

Hi all
I have a humax hdr-fox T2.

Thanks
My first HDR Fox T2 1TB did this and was exchanged under warranty by Humax.

Gerry

Ok here is the readings
Ch33 570000khz 8 mhz 32k 1/128 (DVB-T2) strength 55% quality 100%
ch39 618000khz 8 mhz 8k 1/32 stregnth 57% quality 100%
ch40 626000khz 8 mhz 32k 1/128 (DVB-T2) strength 57% quality 100%
ch42 642000khz 8mhz 8k 1/32 strength 54% quality 100%
ch43 650000khz 8mhz 8k 1/32 strength 58% quality 100%
ch45 666000khz 8 mhz 8k 1/32 strength 51% quality 100%
ch46 674000khz 8mhz 8k 1/32 strength 57% quality 100%

thanks

Including the perfect reception watching BBC channels irrespective of what is recording?
Not sure Martin... It was 2011 :) ...The problem I recall was watching C4 ( it was pixilating) whilst recording any other channel. Sorry I can't be more specific. The unit was a fortnight old and Humax didn't hesitate to exchange, they didn't even offer any remedy for me to try at home.

Gerry

I have had my humax for around 2 years now,purchased off ebay and have had no problem uptill now!

Could it be my ariel which is on the roof!

Also a tree blew over rite outside my house last week when we had them strong winds!

Could that effect it!

You might want to try the "Signal Detection" option under the Hidden menu. This allows you to check each tuner individually and compare the results.

Tuner 1 is showing strength at 58% quality 100%
tuner 2 is showing strength at 58% quality 100%

transponder for both is showing 618000khz 8 mhz

you could try the the same test in #13 on 650000khz as this is the standard Def. MUX for the BBC channels from Sutton Coldfield, maybe it will show a difference to the other MUXs

Is it possible to get signal strength readings from each individual tuner? Im just thinking that perhaps as the tuners are in series that maybe the signal getting to the second tuner is not as strong?
Might not work like that though...

Edit: didn't read the last page - sorry!

Posted on the move

I notice the OP lists two DVB-T2 muxes which, presumably, indicates a recent re-tune to pick up COM7. Could that be a factor? Is the beginning of this problem coincident with the retune?

I did do a retune and software update but it was after the problems started!
What i have been doing for the last couple of weeks or so is completely turning the humax box off at the wall and not left on stanby!
I have just emailed humax technical support,just have to see if they answer!

Back