Humax HDR-Fox T2 won't connect to TV Portal

Hi Black Hole, I ran the test and copied everything over to a text file for expert eyes to study (attached).
That all looks OK.

Based on what af123 said (I suspected, but wasn't sure), here's what you do next:

This page on the wiki: https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

...contains this link to download the system flush file: http://hpkg.tv/rpc/cfwget.html?file=HDRFLUSH

Just unzip it to a USB pen drive and install it as if doing a firmware update, as before (it doesn't actually update any firmware, but the mechanism provides a way in to do the flush).

You will then need to go through the installation wizard - tuning, etc - after which you can use the WebIF to restore the recording schedule.

(several posts have been made since I started typing this)

I am being a bit dumb now, sorry. I downloaded System Flush, put it on a USB, put it in the front of the Humax and rebooted. Not sure what to do next. Have had a look for it in Packages and Services, but can't find how to prompt it to reformat the flash.

I have installed Webshell as per prpr's and Black Hole's instructions, but not sure what to do next.
Go to the Webshell page and select the "cli" option. Then enter these commands one by one and report back:
Code:
humax# tcpping test.humaxtvportal.com 80
humax# tcpping www.humaxtvportal.com 80
humax# tcpping www.humaxtvportal.com 443

I am being a bit dumb now, sorry. I downloaded System Flush, put it on a USB, put it in the front of the Humax and rebooted. Not sure what to do next. Have had a look for it in Packages and Services, but can't find how to prompt it to reformat the flash.
Did you unzip it to the USB pen drive, or just copy it? I've not done it myself, but I expect the firmware update screen to appear on the TV, the same as doing a firmware update. After that, rebooting should result in the setup wizard being shown (and requiring completion).

(prpr's suggestion will confirm what we already suspect - that the unit is able to reach the Humax server OK but something else is gumming up the works)

Wow, amazing result team! The TV Portal is now working. Wonderful. As good as new! I have restored my wife's recording schedule, and all her recorded items are safe. Thanks in particular to Black Hole, and to prpr, af123, kevindickinson, Ezra Pound, Trev, and MartinLiddle for all the help and advice. Here's how it looks.

Portal.jpg

In response to prpr's test, I got 'ok' in all three cases.

Go to the Webshell page and select the "cli" option. Then enter these commands one by one and report back:
Code:
humax# tcpping test.humaxtvportal.com 80
humax# tcpping www.humaxtvportal.com 80
humax# tcpping www.humaxtvportal.com 443

Once again, thanks for everything. If anyone needs me to run any scripts to find out what has changed (for future use/research) just shout and I will do so.

Cheers

David

Yup. This will flow forward into future advice and standard references etc.

The key, however, was that never-seen-before error message when trying to reset cookies. As a last resort, I would have proposed a restore-factory-defaults operation - I don't know whether that would have had the same result.

It's certainly a new one on me. A factory reset may have helped as it removes some of the DRM/cookie data but not all of it.
System flush is definitely the better option here.

I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge on this forum. Had it not been for the detailed advice and brainstorming here I would have probably replaced my Humax. Now it seems to be going as well as ever. Thanks again to all who pitched in with suggestions. I've really enjoyed fiddling about under the bonnet and learning loads. And the added bonus is that I have earned masses of brownie points to spend down the pub.

:cheers:

And with Usain BH (first out of the blocks), Prof AF123 (mega guru) and prpr (knowledgeable mastiff) lurking about, you're in safe hands. ;)

Last edited:
LOL! "Knowledgeable mastiff" - I like that. What breed is one step less bitey than a mastiff? I guess I count as one of those, whatever it might be!

What breed is one step less bitey than a mastiff?
In the case of prpr, a pit bull?
frantic.gif
frantic.gif

Back