Humax Sting+ (looks like an icord HD or HDPVR1000c) ???

botus

I have got hold of a strange Humax product from a computer fair...

It is remarkably similar to a HDPVR1000c or the icord HD satellite one but its got no LNB connections. Its seems to me to be a DVB T device with std in out ariel connections side by side not as per this cable version top and bottom and the on off buttom lights up green not blue

On the front its called a sting + and when you turn it on the display reads Humax Sting +

its seems locked up, no front panel buttons work and it just runs in a loop playing some stuff from the hardrive. I can't find anything like it or any info on firmware to try and flash it any ideas?

i did try but because I'm new I have to post 10 before I'm allowed pictures :(

if you search google images for HDPVR-1000c it will come up with a pic (top left) almost exactly of this box including the back panel

with 2 scarts, hdmi, usb, component, audio, spdif, network and switch from rgb to ypb or whatever....but I have 2 ariel side by side ... the gogle pic is the cable version and the dvbS has 3 lnb connections side by side

This is an Icord (which is cable?) very similar to a HDPVR1000s (satellite)

mine had ariel connection in a different place (see last picture) and on the top right corner the model it a Humax Sting + and the display and the power button are lit green
humaxsting.jpg

Sounds to me like a development prototype that has escaped from Humax. There have been one or two reports over the years.

Sounds to me like a development prototype that has escaped from Humax. There have been one or two reports over the years.

yes I'm beginning to think that... all it does at present is play back stuff on hard drive there some 5th gear stuff with Tiff in the silly yellow corvett and then some TEST HD programming in another menu which is Korean TV.

But the finish labelling etc. looks like a full production machine... menus that I can "get at" are really basic though

Nice now someone tidied up and removed my posts 8 blank posts I can't edit or post any new pictures....

Back