Humaxrw - Can I edit the name in hre files for recovered recordings?

Jackfruit1000

Hello,

I recently recovered a number of files from my 9200 by use of the humaxrw software. There's a thread all about it on the digitalspy forum HERE.

Anyway, the humax seems fine now, but I'm left with a large number of files all named "Recovered unknown - TS2HRW".

As an experiment, I edited an hre file, and put the actual programme name in instead. I was careful to overwrite the exact same number of characters (27), but the recording now has a load of spaces and random characters in it.

Is there a way to edit the hre file successfully, so that I can transfer the recording titles without having to reinput them using the painstaking edit mode in the Humax?

Thanks.

The usual way to do this is to rename the .ts file before using ts2hrw. The filename format should be similar to that used when extracting a file in normal (non-recover) mode. This will only affect the recording list, it will not change the 'info' display.

"YYYYMMDD HHMM Programme title.ts"

It should also work with the alternative format (which I think is used by one of the USB transfer programs):

"NNN_YYYYmmmDD_HHMM_Programme title.ts" where NNN is any 3 digit number (discarded) and mmm is a 3 letter month.

Thanks, that was exactly the info I needed!

I had renamed the files, but only with the programme title, and not with the date and time.

Am I right in thinking you're the person who created the humaxrw and ts2hrw software?

If so, could I suggest that you put a comment into the README.txt file that comes with them, explaining that this is what you need to do. I think it could be useful to other people as well.

Thanks again.

Back