Hummy Arms Word Game v4.0

We haven't seen prpr here since Thursday and he has been active on other threads. That leaves just three and a bit (Antipodean) left to play, time to wind this up?
A shame others can't see the educational aspect of the game ( plus the amusing asides of course!). Sometimes one needs a respite from all the technical stuff that abounds on the Forums, brilliant though they are.

Challenge - points sir!

You can't keep the three points you claimed in post 1314 - they have to be deducted as well as the ten point penalty for a repeated word.

Challenge your challenge. No one challenging his posted score at #1327 'legitimises' the mistake ref #1314
+10 = 724

Challenge your challenge. No one challenging his posted score at #1327 'legitimises' the mistake ref #1314
+10 = 724
I didn't spot that, but I don't think a gentleman's challenge under the new rule should be subject to points claiming.

OK, let's have an intermission before v5.0. I'll have a think what new and even more torturous scheme I can devise (if nobody else comes up with something in the mean time). The points were fun but they were a disincentive to new players - maybe we should have a mechanism where newcomers get awarded the current average score, I'll need to think about that one!

Back