1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hummy.tv has a new home!

Discussion in 'Site/Forum Issues' started by Michael, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Michael

Michael Founder

Hey guys,

Just a quick note, the downtime this morning was just while I moved the site to its new home - hopefully things will run smoother here.

I've just renewed the hummy.tv domain name, who knew how expensive .tv domains are?

I'm loving the community and we seem to be getting a little bigger every day, keep up the hard work Mods.

And obviously we wouldn't be anywhere without the users, so thanks to you guys also!

Thanks,

Michael​

2. oijonesey

oijonesey Hummy.tv SEO Guru

I can't read this and then not say anything - I think I can speak for all when I say thanks for making all this appear on my screen when I type in "hummy.tv". I know it's the content that makes it but without the canvas paintings are just tubes of multi coloured goo! Luckily for us we have some canvas to arrange all our goo on - and for that I thank you!

3. Michael

Michael Founder

No worries.. i just hope the site has a better time at its new home :)

4. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

Can we have a house warming party? Fizzy pop, sparkling grape juice, lap dancers.....

5. ChrisDaniels

ChrisDaniels Well-Known Member

Thank you Michael. Your work behind the scenes is appreciated. :)

6. ChrisDaniels

ChrisDaniels Well-Known Member

7. Martin

Martin Member

That had me confused, have just been to a friends house and tried to show him the site but couldn't find it, now emailed him the link :)

8. 4291

4291 Well-Known Member

Two links on hummypkg.org.uk need updating. More information & Hummy.tv FORUM

9. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

The host migration seems to have brought a little corruption with it. Pound signs have been converted to a different string (can't remember what now), and when I have come across them in my old posts I have been editing them back. I've stumbled on a post now where the apostrophes have been converted to "’".

Any chance of doing a global search-and-replace on these funnies?

10. xyz321

xyz321 Well-Known Member

This usually happens when the database has been imported with incompatible ISO/UTF-8 options. There is probably an extra translation occuring somewhere - either the database or the application (or both).

11. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

Here's the pound string: "£"

12. Michael

Michael Founder

Is there a thread/post I can see that hasn't been changed? I have a fix but I need to see the before and after :)

Michael

13. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

14. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

Nothing seems to have happened about this.

15. Michael

Michael Founder

Hi Black Hole,

Sorry i thought i'd replied.. the fix I had will only effect new posts i can't do much about the older posts. Sorry.

Michael