hummy.tv has a new home!

Michael

Founder
Hey guys,

Just a quick note, the downtime this morning was just while I moved the site to its new home - hopefully things will run smoother here.

I've just renewed the hummy.tv domain name, who knew how expensive .tv domains are?

I'm loving the community and we seem to be getting a little bigger every day, keep up the hard work Mods.

And obviously we wouldn't be anywhere without the users, so thanks to you guys also!

Thanks,

Michael​

I can't read this and then not say anything - I think I can speak for all when I say thanks for making all this appear on my screen when I type in "hummy.tv". I know it's the content that makes it but without the canvas paintings are just tubes of multi coloured goo! Luckily for us we have some canvas to arrange all our goo on - and for that I thank you!

Two links on hummypkg.org.uk need updating. More information & Hummy.tv FORUM

The host migration seems to have brought a little corruption with it. Pound signs have been converted to a different string (can't remember what now), and when I have come across them in my old posts I have been editing them back. I've stumbled on a post now where the apostrophes have been converted to "’".

Any chance of doing a global search-and-replace on these funnies?

The host migration seems to have brought a little corruption with it. Pound signs have been converted to a different string (can't remember what now), and when I have come across them in my old posts I have been editing them back. I've stumbled on a post now where the apostrophes have been converted to "’".

Any chance of doing a global search-and-replace on these funnies?
This usually happens when the database has been imported with incompatible ISO/UTF-8 options. There is probably an extra translation occuring somewhere - either the database or the application (or both).

Is there a thread/post I can see that hasn't been changed? I have a fix but I need to see the before and after :)

Michael

Hi Black Hole,

Sorry i thought i'd replied.. the fix I had will only effect new posts i can't do much about the older posts. Sorry.

Michael

Back