Hummy.tv sometimes complains that Adblock Plus is active

I think we could just turn off the social sharing stuff globally. I've never seen it used (but then I'm not on them anyway apart from the HummyPkg announcement twitter feed)

See if anyone complains that they have gone. The only one left now is Google Analytics.

I got an advert for that dreadful forum app tapatalk earlier

Had a couple of double posts since the time restriction has been lifted. I doubt if a a 5-10 second limit would inconvenience anyone, and prevent inadvertent double posts.

I could generate double posts even with the old limit, but now I know what to watch out for and how to avoid them. In my case it was down to my poor Internet connection - the "post" command would be sent, but the subsequent page update never made it back... click the post button again and the post was sent again.

Last edited:
Yes, that'll do it, especially if you meant 'sent again'. But I am talking pressing Post Reply once and getting a double post. Presumably caused by key bounce or inadvertent double click.

Yes, that'll do it, especially if you meant 'sent again'. But I am talking pressing Post Reply once and getting a double post. Presumably caused by key bounce or inadvertent double click.
I've re-instated the enforced delay (or rather removed the exception for premium members)

Presumably this list has not expanded further yet?
No, not yet. I wanted to start with a small group and see if it's viable and work out the kinks before adding any others.
The upgrade is actually available but anyone who has already donated and wants it just needs to PM me with details.

No, not yet. I wanted to start with a small group and see if it's viable and work out the kinks before adding any others.
The upgrade is actually available but anyone who has already donated and wants it just needs to PM me with details.
Is this the situation for donations that have been made since you posted that?
On another thread someone has implied that just donating will trigger being added to the group. https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/mark-and-quote.7834/#post-112424

It seems the general consensus is in favour. I've created a new user upgrade called "Forum Supporter" (suggestions for different wording welcome!) as a test, and applied it to Black Hole, Trev and Wallace as a starter for ten.
Cost is currently £10/year (discussion welcome) and it provides:
  • That Warm Fuzzy Feeling™;
  • Ability to edit own title;
  • "Forum Supporter" banner under avatar;
  • No adverts;
  • No advert blocker detection;
  • Ability to delete own posts (not sure about this one but given that people can already replace the content of a post with 'deleted'...);
  • Manage all tags in your own threads;
  • Removes the enforced 20 second delay between posts.
Other benefits could be added, this is just the set of options that are available in the standard forum software that seemed reasonable.
One year has passed since this was originally posted, so there will probably be a number of Forum Supporters who will be wondering what happens when this Account Upgrade expires.
Does everything revert back to as it was before the upgrade, such as edited user titles, or do they remain fixed as they were at the time of expiry?

Mine was still 'The dumb one' before I parted with coin of the realm just now. So it seems that they Stick.
They should to default to "Tight B******" for those who don't cough up. (or perhaps something more polite that would remind people to cough up again.)

Back