Hummy.tv sometimes complains that Adblock Plus is active

Didn't you get an email, or forum notification that your previous upgrade was due to expire, or had expired?

I'm pretty certain that I didn't.
Nope. Just checked spam and deleted. Can't find one.
Had I done so, I would have been like a ferret down a rabbit hole to pay.

Perhaps you would advise subscribers at the time of subscribing, that they will be setting up an automatic payment profile, which PayPal will auto pay every 13 months.:mad:

Trev - was it not clear when you went through the paypal process? It's a year since I tested it but I remember there being some text about it that you had to confirm.
Obviously the recurring subscription is the only practical way to handle the monthly options.

Have you ended up paying twice - do I need to refund you something?

I can only find the upgrade/cancel-upgrade account location. To find the old donation page I had to use an internet site search.
Is there still an old donation link accessible without going through an internet site search?
I'm pretty certain that I didn't.
Nope. Just checked spam and deleted. Can't find one.
Had I done so, I would have been like a ferret down a rabbit hole to pay.
You didn't go through what would become the normal upgrade process last year. You where one of the 3 initial trialists where special status was applied due to you having already previous donated via the pre-existing one-off donation method and additionally were part of the early discussion in this thread.

Trev - was it not clear when you went through the paypal process? It's a year since I tested it but I remember there being some text about it that you had to confirm.
No. It was probably there, but I wasn't expecting it, so didn't notice. I pay for a lot of stuff on PayPal, so just check the amount, the payee and click OK.
Obviously the recurring subscription is the only practical way to handle the monthly options.
Ow, cum'on. Monthly sub?? If you can't afford £10 for a year+, then just put up with the ads etc. Interested to know the percentage of people who actually do the monthly sub?
No to both. I just don't like recurring payments.

PS. The donations button is showing for me. Didn't notice that it had gone.

I've tried to subscribe a few time, but the paypal connection never completed - latest attempts were yesterday.
I've just managed to subscribe successfully - hurrah!

Thank you : )
The good news is that the combination of donations and ad revenue are close to covering the forum software and domain names now, which is half the cost of keeping this place, the wiki and package repository going.

I just don't like recurring payments.
Neither do I. It caught me by surprise to find I'd got a recurring payment...
Well, two recurring payments (I cancelled the recurring bit). For some reason my subscription duplicated - although it appears that I might have subscribed upto May 2020. Ho, hum.

Back