i am replacing my TV, to one without a FreeSat output !!!

timmy_toad

Hi All, about 8 years ago i ditched my old CRT tv for a 32" Sony Flat screen jobbie.
The Sony TV i got, had Freesat and Freeview tuners built in, so i wasted no time and got a pair of Humax Recorders, a FreeView model and a FreeSat model and everything in the garden was rosie :)

Now the missus wants a Bigger screen, something like a 40" Sony model, but all the new TV's ONLY have Freeview.

What i am hoping to find out here, is Please, how can i receive FreeSat with this new TV ????

Thanks if you can help

Tim

I fail to comprehend this.
If you have freeview and freesat Humax recorders, you can watch and record either/both on just a simple monitor (I've been doing just that until recently) - why would you want the redundancy that a TV with both sorts of tuner affords in addition to the Humax boxes?

Hi Derek, looking at it from your angle i now realise that i dont really need to get anything extra to cater for the viewing of FreeSat channels, because i can simply connect my FreeSat humax to the TV via an HDMI cable.
Probably why i was looking for a FreeSat tuner, because as it is now, with both tuners built into the TV, the missus doesnt need to switch on the Freesat Humax box ON, it will i fear take a while to retrain her, to switch on the freesat humax box AND the TV to watch her fave channels !

Thanks Derek, for throwing a ray of light onto my question, it certainly helps me look at it from the other side of the fence, so to speak.

Tim

Probably why i was looking for a FreeSat tuner, because as it is now, with both tuners built into the TV, the missus doesnt need to switch on the Freesat Humax box ON, it will i fear take a while to retrain her, to switch on the freesat humax box AND the TV to watch her fave channels !

Yep. It'll take time to change the habit, and you'll likely have to explain it more than once. But it'll be OK eventually.
(My OH has recently learned how to get into Netflix to watch the Crown (free sub from Radio Times) - but I did have to set the account, etc, up first.)

Back