I player set up advice for a tardy person

cerclebois

Can someone point me to instructions on setting up BBC Iplayer on my computer and my Foxsat+, please?

I see that the Freesat site recommends the use of Homeplugs. I had always believed that a wireless connection would be sufficient. My ISP profile speed is 6500kbps, and monthly bandwidth 60Gig, 50+ unused. As the player would only be used as a backup for clashes and the like, should that not be enough?

Or is there another reason why wireless will not work well?

I have my Foxsat HDR hard-wired to my router which is definitely the best way. And I would avoid the use of home-plugs given the controversy surrounding their propensity to cause interference and knock out radio reception and with the new high speed models even TV reception.

Hi gomezz! :) Thanks for the reply.
That's ideal, but the hard wiring would involve some very long cabling. The router and PC are upstairs. connected into a hardwired phone extension. ATM I do not use wireless. The Hummy is down the stairs near the computer and then through a foor to theopp. side of lounge. Not sure if the beloved would appreciate extra wire tacked around skirting and stairs.

The same difficulty would exist even f I moved the router adjacent to the NTE immediately below; perturbed beloved!

ISTM that wireless is the unfortunate but npractical solution ,given reservations re plugs. Do you agree?

My main concern is what I need for the installation and procedure for set up.

A lot has been happening, hence the very delayed response comes with my apologies.:oops::)

So can I assume then that apart from getting the homeplugs, connecting the router to one and the PVR to the other, and both plugs to power, I need do nothing else?

I had something in back of mind that Iplayer actually had to be installed on the PVR.

A lot has been happening, hence the very delayed response comes with my apologies.:oops::)

So can I assume then that apart from getting the homeplugs, connecting the router to one and the PVR to the other, and both plugs to power, I need do nothing else?

I had something in back of mind that Iplayer actually had to be installed on the PVR.

No thats all providing the router is running DHCP.

Back