Identifying Recording Clashes

On a similar note to this there anyway to easily identify a series link which has just silently dropped off? I've had this happen a few times to me and its very annoying if you don't catch it in time and have missed an episode or two! My most recent occurrence of this was the Big C on More 4. I was happily recording a repeat showing at around 1am on a Friday morning. The first 8 episodes recorded ok until More4 for some reason stopped showing it at that time. My series link dropped off and I then missed the next 3 episodes until I noticed it and setup another series link to a different showing for the remaining episodes. I've had this happen a few times on various channels now...

That's an easy one, just get into the habit of checking the bottom of your Schedule where you will see any series links that have not set further episodes to record. They will stay there for around 13 weeks before being deleted automatically, although you can delete them earlier if you know that a series has finished.

The first 8 episodes recorded ok until More4 for some reason stopped showing it at that time. My series link dropped off and I then missed the next 3 episodes

I'll bet that when the broadcaster changed the tranmission time they also changed the series ID so as far as the Humax was concerned the second half was a different series

I'll bet that when the broadcaster changed the tranmission time they also changed the series ID so as far as the Humax was concerned the second half was a different series

I think they dropped the particular repeat showing I was recording... It had a different series ID to the main one.

That's an easy one, just get into the habit of checking the bottom of your Schedule where you will see any series links that have not set further episodes to record. They will stay there for around 13 weeks before being deleted automatically, although you can delete them earlier if you know that a series has finished.

I do that when I remember but its easy to forget and I make a lot of recordings....!

Series link can sometimes be more of a curse than a blessing - about a year ago I was recording Malcolm in the Middle every day on 5* (or Fiver as it was previously). Problem is they have several re-runs going at once and it was a nightmare trying to pick the right ones because they all seemed to have different CRIDs. I found the only way to catch everything was to over-schedule (i.e. record everything), and then just check the programme info before watching to see if it was one I'd already seen or not. Of course this often meant that I would see them out-of-sequence, but that didn't really matter too much. It only became obvious that this was happening when it got to the end of the final series and re-started from the very beginning, and the kid's ages kept fluctuating by 8 years from one episode to the next!!

Five's use of Series Linking is severely broken. Ironic for a broadcaster that is home of The Gadget Show which likes to trumpet such "modern" technology.

RE: the series dropping off prematurely. I was wondering if it would be possible to monitor series that have no further showings upcoming and running a search on the current EPG data for any more showings of the program name. If any are found then a warning email could be sent. Something for the RS service perhaps...?

Seems to be a small bug in the RS Remote Scheduling conflict identification :)

Just got this e-mail

Conflicts have been detected in your recording schedule on humax.
The following events conflict:

104 Channel 4 HD Sat 30/03/13 21:00 - 23:05: Labyrinth
104 Channel 4 HD Sat 30/03/13 20:00 - 21:00: Walking Through History
103 ITV HD Sat 30/03/13 20:20 - 21:20: The Cube

Back