If ...

Have I missed something?

If the HD and HDR wake up to check for software updates during the night, why did my two not update the time to GMT until switched on this morning?

Martin

My HDR correctly recorded the first programme I asked it to since the time change (F1 highlights) which is all that really matters. As I have power-saving turned on I have no idea what time it thought it was before that.

Normal but unsatisfying.

It's alright with the clocks going back because the Hummy will wake up a hour early. It's when the clocks go forward that mitigating precautions are needed.

Martin

In as much as there was a sun symbol on the EPG time bar indicating the daylight saving switch, I reckon these issues have been dealt with. I don't recall having a problem in the spring.

In the past I've scheduled a (deleteable) recording early in the forenoon to prepare for later (required) recordings.

BH, were you running the custom software then? Mine is standard.

Martin

I was referring to the standard firmware. There is nothing in the custom firmware/software to address the time zone change. On the standard EPG in the small hours of Sunday morning there was a sun symbol to indicate the change point.

Have you had an actual problem then, or are you just anticipating one?

Given that my boxes did not revert to GMT last weekend I assume they will not switch to BST next year and thus my first regular recording after that event will be triggered an hour later than it ought to.

Martin

Anybody else with this problem? I have owned an HDR-FOX for 5 daylight saving time changes, before the custom firmware was even a twinkle in AF's eye, and there has never been any problem for me. The only time I have had trouble was with the HD-FOX when it had no aerial for a time source.

Come to think of it, there is a time zone setting somewhere, but damned if I can remember where.

Can't see it in the Hidden Menu. I think it must be in the initial set-up Wizard - I haven't proved that

It is on the hidden menu - as "Get Network Time". The current config is "No Offset" (ie GMT), but changing that would affect your time zone.

I can't see when you would ever want to set the Time on your Humax to be different to the Time used in the EPG, it would never find the correct programs would it?

My HDR-FOX T2's, and Topfield 5800's did not revert to GMT on their front panel displays until they were brought out of standby, although this has always been the case with these boxes.

That does not mean it has not calculated the correct time to wake up for a recording, just that the clock display didn't update. I think some research is called for, but with only two opportunities a year it's gonna be difficult!

I can't see when you would ever want to set the Time on your Humax to be different to the Time used in the EPG, it would never find the correct programs would it?

When I was playing with the system clock on my aerial-less HD-FOX, I needed to apply BST correction via the hidden menu setting. If somebody's HD/HDR-FOX has not responded to the time change, that would be the place to go. My suspicion is that all the internal operations run at GMT, and the time zone setting only affects the time display (front panel clock and screensaver).

This seems to be a technical topic from the outset - move to the HDR-FOX section?

BH,

You are probably right about different time references within the box. When I put my HD into standby on Sunday after switching it on to update the clock, the clock initially flashed 08:28 before changing to 07:28. This links to Brian's observation that the front panel clock does not update to GMT unless power-cycled.

Martin

PS. My use of the word"forenoon" shows my past. Forenoon is the period between 0800 and 1200; morning being the period between 0400 and 0800.

My use of the word"forenoon" shows my past. Forenoon is the period between 0800 and 1200; morning being the period between 0400 and 0800.

There was a time when the period between 0400 and 0800 used to be stumbling home time, now it's just the window of time when I can expect to be woken by Oijonesey Juniors!

Back