Install Full Web Interface Problem

jimpy

Need help: I started the install of the full web interface and everything was going well until my grandson decided that it was all taking too long and decided to stop it and try again, it had been downloading for about an hour when he stopped it. I have tried the procedure again but nothing happens after I click on the yellow download/install box. Can anyone help.

Not wishing to take sides here but, the download/install shouldn't take anything like an hour, so when it was stopped it had already gone wrong. Can you login to your Humax by entering its IP address into a web browser e.g. http://192.168.1.1 and if so, what is displayed?

Not wishing to take sides here but, the download/install shouldn't anything like an hour, so when it was stopped it had already gone wrong.

I must admit that I thought it a bit strange. So would you have any idea as to why I cannot get it to work.

I'm not sure what stage you are at in the install procedure, (see question in #2). Does the front panel display any new message when switched from standby?

I'm not sure what stage you are at in the install procedure, (see question in #2). Does the front panel display any new message when switched from standby?

Ok, I have only had the HDR for a couple of months with the 06 FW. I installed successfully the 2.20 which shows on the Humax on startup. I then went to the next stage of web page interface install, clicked on download after entering my Humax IP address and everything seemed ok apart for the time it was taking to download and install from what was shown.

I'll have to do a Jeremy Paxman here I'm afraid, I still need an answer to #2 and #4 to determine where you are now. If I had to guess (due to a lack of answers) I would say you may be able to Telnet into your Humax and after a cli enter :-
Code:
opkg install webif --force-reinstall

I'll have to do a Jeremy Paxman here I'm afraid, I still need an answer to #2 and #4 to determine where you are now. If I had to guess (due to a lack of answers) I would say you may be able to Telnet into your Humax and after a cli enter :-
Code:
opkg install webif --force-reinstall

Answer to 2: I get nothing now when I enter my IP address.. Answer to 4: Custom FW 2.20 shown in front panel. I don't understand any thing to do with telnet as I am not very techie.

If you are not able to Telnet, I would suggest you that you download and install the non Custom Firmware version of 1.03.06 (From HERE). That should get you back to the non CFW state, (check by Custom FW 2.20 not shown in front panel), Then re-install the CFW 1.03.06 / 2.20 on top of it

Answer to 2: I get nothing now when I enter my IP address..

By nothing what do you mean?
Does the browser just spend ages trying to connect and then fails, or does it present a blank screen...

Are you sure you are using the correct IP address. It may have changed following a reboot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

By nothing what do you mean?
Does the browser just spend ages trying to connect and then fails, or does it present a blank screen...

Are you sure you are using the correct IP address. It may have changed following a reboot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The browser just spend ages trying to connect and then fails.

If you are not able to Telnet, I would suggest you that you download and install the non Custom Firmware version of 1.03.06 (From HERE). That should get you back to the non CFW state, (check by Custom FW 2.20 not shown in front panel), Then re-install the CFW 1.03.06 / 2.20 on top of it

Thanks. I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on.

Hi Ezra,
I still get the Custom FW 2.20 shown in the front panel. Can you just confirm what the procedure is for doing a FW update using a USB stick. I Copied what you gave me to the USB stick, inserted it in the front slot while in standby, turned on but all I got was the humax splash screen. I am puzzled. I have to go out for about an hour so if you have an answer please let me know, Thanks.

I don't think this is likely to make any difference since it will not make any changes to the files on the hard disk.

Has the Humax's IP address changed?

The browser just spend ages trying to connect and then fails.
How are you determining the IP address to put in the browser address bar?

Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN >> IP Address

The other fields may also be significant, particularly the Netmask. If you set Configure IP = DHCP, you can be sure the fields are set correctly for your home network, but the IP address can change each boot (the rout can be configured to assign the same address each time). To assign an address manually, perform a DHCP and then set Manual and change the IP Address only (the other fields will be correct) from the router's non-DHCP pool. If you are using HomePlugs, it is necessary to assign a manual address because the HomePlugs frequently don't wake up quickly enough for the DHCP cycle at boot time, and then the default settings won't work on your network.

WiFi is a whole other subject.

How are you determining the IP address to put in the browser address bar?

Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN >> IP Address

The other fields may also be significant, particularly the Netmask. If you set Configure IP = DHCP, you can be sure the fields are set correctly for your home network, but the IP address can change each boot (the rout can be configured to assign the same address each time). To assign an address manually, perform a DHCP and then set Manual and change the IP Address only (the other fields will be correct) from the router's non-DHCP pool. If you are using HomePlugs, it is necessary to assign a manual address because the HomePlugs frequently don't wake up quickly enough for the DHCP cycle at boot time, and then the default settings won't work on your network.

WiFi is a whole other subject.

Because HDR came with 1.03.06 as I have only had it a couple of months, I would now like to get rid of the customised FW and perhaps start a fresh. I assume 2.20 is the CFW? I assume that I should be able to do this, advice please.

For a complete deep clean, see the Wiki (click). For a simple "see if it helps", just do a USB install of the ripped standard firmware.

Note there is no way back to factory fresh for you, 1.03.06 has never been released from Humax except installed in units, so the best you can do is install the extracted version (which may not be identical). You knew this before installing the CF the first time (or should have done). If you have "old" hardware, you could install the official 1.02.32. For information see Things Every... (click) section 1.

For a complete deep clean, see the Wiki (click). For a simple "see if it helps", just do a USB install of the ripped standard firmware.

Note there is no way back to factory fresh for you, 1.03.06 has never been released from Humax except installed in units, so the best you can do is install the extracted version (which may not be identical). You knew this before installing the CF the first time (or should have done). If you have "old" hardware, you could install the official 1.02.32. For information see Things Every... (click) section 1.

The only thing that I remember reading was that if things didn't work out then you can revert back to the standard FW.

It was fully documented, big notices in the Wiki (where you would have found the download link) and in my article on firmware revisions (Things Every... section 1). The cloned 1.03.06 is fully functional, just not guaranteed identical.

Back