Interactive services - BBC red button

btb26

Is there a way to turn it off? I use it once or twice a year if that and would like to disable it, can it be done?

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping there might have been a menu option to turn interactive services off, that I'd missed. Does deleting channel 105 take the red button off or take away one of the interactive channels? The way I do it on my other PVR (which has interactive services off by menu option), is select ch 301 manually if I want to watch the interactive feed.

I'll try deleting ch 105 and see what happens.

Do you know, does it do something on HD, other than provide text and interactive feed on the BBC? I'm thinking now it may also be tied up with those new channels coming soon then.

The only time I use the Red Button is on my Freesat PVR to access iPlayer or the Red Button streams. Very occasionally on the TV to access weather and news. Fortunately it can be (and is) turned off permanently on my older Freeview PVRs. No need for its old and clunky way of finding out things when you have a laptop always to hand

Do you know, does it do something on HD, other than provide text and interactive feed on the BBC? I'm thinking now it may also be tied up with those new channels coming soon then.

The Red Button won't be required for the 'New Channels', But the Humax will need a change, Here is a Quote from Humax :-
It will NOT work on our T2 products. As we do not support the MHEG Stream required

Back